We are currently seeking a Director of Engineering to join our growing Engineering team. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
As a director at Clio you will partner closely with our VP of Engineering, other directors and your team at Clio. You will be responsible for growing and developing teams of managers and developers.
You will be responsible for the Client Experience portfolio. Whose mission is to help create Lawyer interactions that are Client Centered. Some of the products in this area include our Clio For Clients mobile application.
This collection of products and features aims to revolutionize the legal industry by helping lawyers deliver client-centric experiences that improve the accessibility of legal services, elevates the experiences of clients dealing with a legal issue, and ultimately transforms the practice of law. This is a rapidly growing portfolio that we believe will be a key driver in Clio’s growth over the next decade.
What you’ll work on:
- Work closely with our Product Leadership team to set the technical direction for your portfolio.
- You’re not expected to code everyday, but you’re an experienced programmer. You enjoy helping teams solve technical problems. When needed, you roll up your sleeves and help.
- Partner with leadership in Product Management and Product Design to envision, develop, and execute on our product roadmap;
- Build, grow, and support a Product organization;
- Contribute to, and build a deep understanding, of the code base and the needs of our customers;
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions.
What you may have:
- 5+ years of leadership in software engineering, particularly using an Agile process and with large-scale SaaS products;
- 5+ years as a software developer;
- A philosophy on what makes for great software engineer teams;
- A demonstrated success in people leadership in software engineering;
- A background in hands-on software engineering, specifically with building web/mobile applications at scale;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects).
Bonus points if you have:
- A strong network of A players to support our recruiting and people development efforts;
- A deep understanding of, and experience with, Ruby on Rails, modern JS frameworks, and/or native mobile engineering;
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
What we're working onEnterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions and data points. The problems we solve every day are real and require creativity, grit and determination. We are
At Nedap, we strongly believe that we can empower people with technology. This means that we put people first and technology second. Our software solutions therefore not only facilitate administrative personnel processes. They stimulate professionals to make better use of the tal
Who Are We?Fexa is leading the way in the facility maintenance industry, using new technologies and smarter designs to create the best CMMS available. We are a 10 year old company, who has grown from a small team of passionate developers into a larger organization covering sales,
Position OverviewCome help us make a difference in the exciting area of virtual healthcare and telemedicine! We serve hospitals, health systems, and payors with an enterprise telemedicine software platform that has been a leader in mobile friendliness and enterprise scalability..
More jobs by this company
Clio is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice.We are currently seeking a new Senior Full-Stack Product Engineer to join our Lawy
Clio is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justiceWe are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to join our rapidly growing
Clio is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice.We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing engine
Clio is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice.We are currently seeking a Senior Ruby Developer to join our rapidly growing engin