SENIOR RUBY ENGINEER
FULLY REMOTE, US ONLY
In your role as a senior software engineer you will be an expert in modern day application development. You will have familiarity with the practices of high-performing engineering organizations such as Git-Flow, pull requests, unit testing, cloud architecture & design, and SCRUM. You will be an excellent hands-on contributor and you’ll be a mentor for other software engineers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and maintain powerful APIs that will be used by agents to quote and bind policies for small business owners.
- Write clean, well-tested code and automated unit tests using Ruby / Ruby on Rails.
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, retrospective, and daily standups.
- Work with product managers, designers, site-reliability engineers, and customers to build powerful, impactful products.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of the software development life cycle from ideation to delivery.
- Create more senior engineers by mentoring other engineers in areas such as unit testing, continuous integration, DRY/SOLID principles, and SDLC.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least 3 years of Ruby on Rails
- Previous working experience in high-growth technology companies and/or startups
- Understanding of scrum, unit testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Knowledge of microservice architectures and RESTful APIs, especially in Ruby on Rails
- Previous work experience in insurance and/or experience with policy rating very desirable.
- Full-stack expertise in multiple tiers of modern web applications (e.g. front end, back end, infrastructure, etc.)
- Bonus points for open source contributions and/or speaking experience
We offer competitive wages and annual bonus opportunities! Benefits include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision
Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
401K with company match
Employee Assistance Program
Remote Culture. Here at Bold Penguin our remote employees are top of mind, and we have created an inclusive, engaging remote environment.
Choose-your-own gear. Whether you prefer Mac, PC, or Linux, one screen or three, we’ll set you up for success.
Stay connected to the Glacier. We slack. A lot. We also like to video conference regularly. We even have all- hands "Waddles" held Tuesday - Friday 12:00PM EST.
Penguin bling. Like swag themed after a certain antarctic bird? Just. You. Wait.
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a cl
Headquarters: Remote (EU) URL: https://goboony.comDo you want to become part of a fast-growing Dutch scale-up in the sharing economy? Do you want to work with an international team of passionate people with a passion for travel? Then join our growing team! Be part of the lea
GitHub is the home for software development, where developers collaborate to build some of the world’s most important software.In the GitHub code scanning team, we are passionate about securing the world’s software - from Open Source to the Enterprise. We believe that
Our industry leading global client company is searching for a Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer to help the team innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.The successful candidate will also contribute to the team's success by mentoring, guiding,.
About the opportunity:We are seeking to hire a keen and self-motivated individual who loves the Internet, and loves learning, sharing their knowledge and applying new technologies to complex problems.You have notable experience developing software and are good at using frameworks
More jobs by this company
SENIOR ANGULAR ENGINEERFULLY REMOTE, US ONLYWe didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesse
SENIOR RUBY ENGINEERFULLY REMOTE, US ONLYYOUR ROLEIn your role as a senior software engineer you will be an expert in modern day application development. You will have familiarity with the practices of high-performing engineering organizations such as Git-Flow, pull requests, uni
SENIOR SOFTWARE RUBY ENGINEERFULLY REMOTE - US ONLYWe didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags — creating a fragmented landscape where busines
SENIOR ANGULAR ENGINEERFULLY REMOTE - US ONLYWe didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags — creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, a
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags — creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to in