Lead Software Engineer
Shop-Ware is the automotive aftermarket's premier enterprise-grade SaaS platform for automotive shop management. We are a rapidly-growing VC-funded startup whose clients include thousands of auto repair facilities across the globe, predominately in the US, Canada, and South America. Our software provides cutting edge solutions for the modern repair facility and is committed to developing sophisticated tools to help the aftermarket thrive and grow. Our company is founded and operated by a mechanic-turned-shop owner who identified a need and developed the software from her direct experience. Our team is made up of 65 smart and passionate individuals who genuinely enjoy logging into work each day.
Shop-Ware is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our App team in delivering a large customer-facing Rails web application at scale to thousands of auto repair facilities internationally.
Please note, for this role we are only accepting candidates who have experience with Ruby on Rails as well as strong management background.
Want to have a direct, significant impact on the customer-facing product and see your work in use by auto repair professionals every week? Want to work with a team committed to quality software, modern dev-ops practices and tooling, and a positive, collaborative culture?
We offer a great fully-remote team environment, competitive compensation, benefits, vacation, and company paid health/dental/vision insurance.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and manage a small team of software engineers
- Strive to improve the overall quality of our product, codebase, and developer processes.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to provide higher-level direction for features and the project as a whole.
- Provide technical guidance to your team (code reviews, pairing, implementation guidance) including some direct reports as well as cross-team assistance.
- Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to your team to maximize team quality and productivity.
- Deliver architecture and systems improvements (e.g. solve issues with PostgreSQL, sidekiq, caching, memory consumption, performance improvements)
- Organize and guide your team to deliver high-value nuanced features.
- Participate in production incident support.
- 8+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Significant experiencing leading and managing a small dev team.
- Passion for building full stack, highly customized systems, from scalable backend services to frontend projects.
- Software architectural experience. A strong understanding of how different web services and data stores can interact in a reliable, scalable fashion.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
About our Software: Shop-Ware provides cutting edge solutions for the modern repair facility and is committed to developing sophisticated tools to help the aftermarket thrive and grow. We harness the best technologies available for the internet and mobile devices and put them to work for independent small businesses. Our cloud-based application helps automotive shops find seamless and intuitive solutions to increasing sell-through and customer satisfaction, and allows for huge increases in efficiency and operating profit.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $160,000.00 - $190,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Fully remote, pre-Covid
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- REST: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ruby on Rails: 3 years (Required)
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a cl
Headquarters: Remote (EU) URL: https://goboony.comDo you want to become part of a fast-growing Dutch scale-up in the sharing economy? Do you want to work with an international team of passionate people with a passion for travel? Then join our growing team! Be part of the lea
GitHub is the home for software development, where developers collaborate to build some of the world’s most important software.In the GitHub code scanning team, we are passionate about securing the world’s software - from Open Source to the Enterprise. We believe that
Our industry leading global client company is searching for a Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer to help the team innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.The successful candidate will also contribute to the team's success by mentoring, guiding,.
About the opportunity:We are seeking to hire a keen and self-motivated individual who loves the Internet, and loves learning, sharing their knowledge and applying new technologies to complex problems.You have notable experience developing software and are good at using frameworks