Sunrun launched its Affordable Multifamily channel in early 2018 to deliver the best solar and storage solutions to affordable multifamily developers and property owners that in turn benefit their low income residents. We are looking for a talented, energetic Partner Managers to lead development and growth of new and existing multifamily partners.
You will be given a high level of responsibility and autonomy to create success. Our team culture encourages you to consistently find better ways to deliver our affordable multifamily product offerings to sophisticated affordable multifamily developers. You will have the opportunity and responsibility to engage with industry leading affordable multifamily developers. You will be joining a highly-collaborative team where people step up for one another. While we have industry-leading solar solutions for multifamily developers, we understand that in Multifamily, execution is the product. We plan, act and communicate accordingly both internally and with our multifamily partners.Responsibilities:
- Adopt, manage and grow the relationships with Sunrun’s valued existing multifamily partners. Secure a high level of portfolio share for Sunrun with these developers. Ensure that our customers receive the best possible service and execution as it pertains to their solar and solar+storage requirements.
- Hunt, identify and intensely pursue new multifamily customers. Cold-call/reach out, create interest in Sunrun’s solar program and secure meetings. Understand and address the developers’ solar and solar+storage requirements. Present the Sunrun Affordable Multifamily Program, products and solutions with the primary purpose of gathering new business and signing new portfolio properties.
- Focus on medium to large affordable multifamily developers and portfolio owners. Research the applicable region(s) for target customers, attend networking events and become the New Homes expert within Sunrun for your region. Ideally, leverage your existing deep relationships with multifamily developers.
- Support the multifamily developer on-boarding process, including review and coordination of all legal documents with the Sales Operations team, and other relevant paperwork. Overcome objections and tweak the multifamily program to address developer-specific requirements while staying within Sunrun’s operational capabilities. Coordinate closely with Sales Operations, Legal, and Business Development and Multifamily leadership.
- Communicate proactively, follow-up, follow-through and build and grow lasting, trusting relationships with your accounts. Be the main point of contact for the developers as well as internal stakeholders in a responsive and educating manner.
- Secure new portfolios for Sunrun and support the solar property process from early planning stage, including utility bill/ usage analysis, preliminary design, pricing, and contract close. Communicate developer requirements to Sales Ops and program management.
- Agree on sales targets with sales management and develop a sales plan (i.e. target close rates, number of leads required etc.) and target developer lists to support the targets. Implement the plan quickly and aggressively. Document all customer contacts and sales activities and report on and review activities and progress weekly.
- You will play a major role in growing Sunrun’s multifamily solar and solar+storage business through the development of strategies, problem solving and effective communication. You are succinct, able to distill complicated material to an understandable message that can be clearly articulated either verbally or in writing and you understand the importance and function of varying audiences.
- You are confident and extremely adept at working with and influencing Manager-, Director and VP-level customers, delivering presentations and motivating key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- You have an attention to detail, are organized and follow through on your commitments and persevere through perceived challenges. You possess the ability to work quickly and efficiently by effectively managing your time and work deadlines.
- You are a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who is comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, are capable of harvesting new relationships while developing existing relationships and you possess the talent to influence high performing sales teams to achieve mutual sales and installation goals (of customer solar systems).
- You seek efficiencies in business processes to enhance partnership value beyond price and strive for an irreplaceable ease of conducting profitable business with Sunrun.
- You are capable of accurately forecasting on weekly, monthly and quarterly intervals while incorporating and analyzing historic sales data, comparative competitive and general market data.
- You will apply and influence documents and presentations capturing the affordable multifamily program details and requirements.
- You will ensure that proper working relationships are established and processes and timelines are understood and supported by all parties.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience in sales / account management in non-residential solar industry.
- Enthusiasm, drive, and excitement to be a part of the solution and build a new channel for Sunrun.
- Ability to follow through – assert pressure as needed – to drive projects to completion.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects, competing priorities and tight deadlines while maintaining promptness in responses and deliverables.
- Knowledge of and experience in a broad spectrum of sales methodologies and practices.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of customers to achieve revenue and share objectives.
- Proficient in Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Ability and eagerness to hit the road.
- Ability to remain in a seated position for more than 50 percent of the workday.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to perform normal office duties.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work.
Ability to interact and participate in meetings.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: