PagerDuty is interviewing, onboarding, and working 100% virtually at this time. As we look to the future, we plan to be ‘distributed by design’, meaning unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a PagerDuty office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid. We’re focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific, and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action, when seconds matter.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
We’re growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high caliber team.
We are looking for an enterprise software Sales Director who will lead a team of account executives to generate net new business and ensure some of our largest and most strategic accounts in North America are successful.
In the Spirit of PagerDuty’s “Champion the Customer” value, you are responsible for providing the best possible sales experience for our customers by identifying pain in a customers environment, translating that pain into a business-oriented point of view and articulating the impact of removing that pain. You enjoy being elbow to elbow on a deal with your reps, leading by example by entrenching yourself in the field, guiding their focus, and helping them solve hard problems.
You will bring with you meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: Modern SaaS, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Create a “destination team” that attracts, retains and develops the industry’s best talent
- Lead and coach a distributed team of up to ~7 field sales executives responsible for many of PagerDuty's largest and most strategic customers, including Salesforce, Apple, VMware, and Fox
- Formulate and execute a regional business plan to exceed plan and drive customer success
- Lead a disciplined and efficient operating motion that maximizes time with customers/prospects and fosters a predictable, high-growth business
- Accelerate and scale a strategic sales motion; drive adherence to sales process, usage and utilization of tools and technology
- Ability to drive an “AND” business, which mates our frictionless, transactional sales model with a strategic, large deal selling motion, where each is applicable
- Develop best-in-class capabilities around the entire lead to close process
- Foster a team-selling environment that ensures we bring the full power of PagerDuty to every customer
- Support and coach reps daily in lead qualification, discovery, deal management and closing activities
- Deliver timely and accurate pipeline information and forecast to PagerDuty leadership
- Regularly assess sales effectiveness and identify solutions to enable a productive working environment
- Partner closely with marketing, sales enablement, customer success and solution consulting teams to ensure the most effective demand generation programs, playbooks and sales enablement are all in effect to drive sales performance
- Foster and accelerate strong ecosystem partner relationships to expand market coverage, awareness and penetration
- Embrace our #takethelead and #runtogether values by continuously learning from feedback and experiences to be better and make your team better.
- 5+ years sales leadership experience in high-growth, complex software environments
- Ability to operate as the CEO of your business, with strong strategy and operational competence
- Strong executive presence and relationship building competencies
- Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding quota
- BS/BA Degree or higher or proven relevant work experience preferred
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Experience selling to Fortune 500 enterprise companies
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps
- Strong technical acumen, knowledge of engineering culture, and the ability to relate to the customer
- “Sell to”, “sell through”, and GTM experience
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement plan with company match
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Company paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent
- Paid vacation time - 3 weeks accruing in first year, 4 weeks accruing every year after
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management, serving over 13,800 customers and 700,000 users in 90 countries, including 60% of the Fortune 100. Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
At PagerDuty, we believe you do your best work in a culture that fosters inclusion, well-being, and innovation. As a Dutonian, you will have ample opportunities to advance your career and connect with colleagues: virtual all hands calls, learning & development programs, bi-annual hack weeks, volunteering events, ERGs (employee-run groups focused on cultivating a sense of belonging for all) - there’s something for everyone. Learn more on Instagram, @pagerdutylife.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
Red Hat Software
More jobs by this company
29 d ago