The Security Engineer maintains internal computer systems and software applications. The role analyzes and resolves highly technical issues to ensure system performance and stability.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Analyze security systems and seek improvements to baseline security configuration.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues. Drive root-cause analysis and continuously identify trend of issues which will bring improvements to systems.
- Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Identify, define, and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
- Develop best practices and security standards for the organization in accordance with NIST and ISO Regulations.
- Test company software, firmware, and firewalls.
- Assist employees with cybersecurity, software, hardware, or IT needs.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in security or technical support.
- Understanding of NIST 800-53 and ISO 27000 standards.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to diagnose technical system performance issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills over multiple channels.
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, SS Verification, as well as credit and drug screening, where applicable and in accordance with federal and local regulations.
- Understanding of OWASP top 10 Web Application Security Risk.
- Understanding of Encryption technologies (VPNs, VLANs, VoIP).
- Experience with IPS/IDS Cisco Firepower.
- Experience in highly regulated environments is a plus (PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, HITRUST).
- Knowledge of Data flow and web application security risk.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: