We are currently seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our growing Security team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
What your team does:
Are you someone who’s always probing and asking why, someone who enjoys finding smarter and more efficient solutions to problems? If so we may have a spot for you on Clio’s security team. We are looking for the right candidate to develop and run our security monitoring and response program, as well be an advocate and advisor for security overall. If you have a strong operations background with a passion for security and experience in cloud-first environments, then we want to talk to you.
Who you are:
- Thrive working in a small team where you can make a big impact
- Continually seek for better more efficient ways of doing things
- Pride yourself on your excellent triage and troubleshooting skills
- Enjoy the hustle of working in a fast growing successful organization
What you'll be doing:
- Recommend, implement, and maintain tools to ensure evidence of abuse or compromise is detected and collected.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and testing of security incident response plan
- Investigate potential security incidents and serve as initial incident responder
- Stay up to date with current methods of compromise and tools
- Provide architectural guidance for securing our desktop user environments and maintaining a good security posture.
- Contribute to general security education and documentation
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Strong understanding of threat vectors and indicators of compromise.
- Ability to identify malicious behaviour and emerging threats via log analysis
- Experience with log aggregation and SIEM technologies
- Experience with incident response
- Scripting ability (python, bash)
- Experience working in a cloud-first organization including familiarity with AWS and GCP/GSuite
- Strong Linux experience
- Exposure to threat modelling techniques
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Security certifications such as OSCP or CISSP
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Puppet, Kubernetes, Terraform, ELK (Elastic, Logtash and Kibana) or strong desire to learn
- Strong AWS security experience on EC2 and managed services
- Cloud security knowledge (AWS, GCP/GSuite, GitHub, CASB, IdP)
- Infrastructure security (firewalls, ACLs, authentication, device hardening)
- Mac OSX security experience
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: