We are looking for a highly motivated Security Software Engineer to join our team. As a Security Engineer you’ll design, build, and improve systems which keep Indeed secure. With your team you’ll define robust ways to build, operate, and scale security. You will interact with technical teams across Indeed to secure global systems that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day.
Design, accurately estimate work, develop, and ship systems that increase the security of our platforms
- Use data to support your recommendations and decisions.
- Plan and develop systematic solutions to problems instead of focusing on one-off fixes
- Help product engineering teams adopt and integrate security capabilities into their product and software development lifecycles
- Provide feedback and guidance for development projects on your team including design feedback, code review, and supporting the team’s production code
- Engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels across Indeed to understand their business objectives and current systems architectures.
- Leverage that knowledge to help spot and solve deep systematic security challenges for the entire company
- Mentor engineers on your team and others
- Share your insights and learnings frequently within and outside Indeed via blogs, talks, and conferences.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or related field, OR comparable level of professional experience
- 10+ years of experience planning, architecting, designing, and developing systems to improve enterprise product security through existing best practices, and innovative new ones.
- Expert level proficiency programming with at least one high level programming language (i.e. Python, Go, Java, etc.)
- Extensive experience mentoring other engineers
- A deep understanding of the web and web development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Thrive in a highly diverse, collaborative, and cross-functional environment
- Enthusiastically drives organization-wide transformational change
Who we are
Salary Range Disclaimer
Salary Range Transparency
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: