Guidewire is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to support the design, implementation, and maintenance of a cohesive security operations/monitoring solution. Your job will be to help ensure that our services, applications, and websites are secured against the latest threats. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, and/or threat intelligence.
- Operate and maintain security-related applications and tools.
- Performs assessments of control implementation against compliance and control frameworks including NIST, ISO 27001 and PCI.
- Provide forensic investigation of our technology environments
- Identify and understand current and emerging threats
- Engage in proactive threat hunting
- Participates in the change management process to ensure adherence to compliance and security requirements.
- implementation and compliance with our control framework.
- Perform analysis of network traffic, behavioral and security events
- The candidate should be familiar with the following:
- Audit log aggregation solutions
- Netflows and traffic monitoring
- Full packet capture solutions
- Malware analysis
- Endpoint security solutions
- Linux and open source software
- Web servers and web application firewalls
- Incident handling processes and procedures
- Experience with AWS services
- 5+ years of experience in security engineering related to vulnerability management, intrusion prevention, data protection, monitoring, analytical, and correlation tools;
- 5+ years of experience in managing firewalls and intrusion prevention/detection systems including the ability to demonstrate a mature understanding of networking best practices
- 5+ years of experience working in a Security Operations Center and performing analysis of security events
- 3+ years of experience in security compliance related to FISMA, NIST, and related security and risk management regulations;
- 5+ years of experience working the Linux operating system
- 5+ years of experience working with PERL, PHP, Python and/or other scripting languages
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- At least one recognized security professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+, CEH etc.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
More jobs by this company
12 d ago