Full Job Description
Founded in 2010, KAI Solutions is a privately held small business providing customized and tailored solutions to DoD based on context and understanding their specific needs. We provide our employees tremendous flexibility and support to ensure that they are successful.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY SPECIALIST (ISSS):
The INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY SPECIALIST (ISSS) role will provide you the opportunity to develop your career, skills, and get some exciting experiences including:
- Ensuring all unclassified and classified systems and networks are approved to operate prior to initializing operation by obtaining an authority to operate (ATO) from the designated approval authority (DAA).
- Providing risk-based surveillance of organization information assurance programs to ensure compliance with stings and protection of information.
- Evaluate, assess and certify hardware, and software products prior to use on any accredited information system or network.
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for network system security operations and incident response.
- Identify and mitigate cyber-security related incidents, threats, compromises, and vulnerabilities.
- Providing consultation and advisement to the communication systems office (CSO) and senior leadership when requested and during incident response.
- Reduce cyber security risks of the system while ensuring operational requirements are met through procedural and technical design guidance.
- Ensure cyber security guidelines are incorporated into design, test, and life cycle support of Navy Control System including stand-alone applications, major systems, or system-of-systems.
- Mitigate risks and evaluate security trade-offs and impacts to system(s) performance and availability.
- Work with cross functional teams including engineers and Original Equipment Manufacture (OEMs) to ensure cyber security needs are incorporated into schedules, implemented in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Information Assurance (IA) guidance.
- Guide Information System Security Engineers (ISSE) and system engineers to derive, define, allocate and document cyber security functional, performance, design, test, and evaluation requirements in accordance with Federal, DoD, and DoN guidance.
- Maintain the cyber security resources, schedule, and action plans for the defined cyber security requirements, supported by system engineers and ISSEs.
- Ensure information security and information assurance policies are in compliance with System Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and certification and accreditation requirements in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Conduct and review scans of Applications and Information Systems using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Travel up to 20% to support the efforts above. Mostly remote work.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Security+ Certificate and High School Diploma with four (4) years of IT experience, or Security+ Certificate with BS in Engineering and two (2) years of IT experience
- Punctual and excellent in communicating with all stakeholders.
- Ability to learn quickly and work on several projects concurrently.
- Can get secret clearance; active clearance preferred
- Navy experience is preferred
Why KAI Solutions?
We focus on exceptional services to our customers, mentor and support our employees to ensure success, provide high level of flexibility and support personal growth, and provide exceptional 401k plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
KAI Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
- This job requires U.S. Citizenship. Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- IT: 2 years (Required)
- Security+ Certificate (Required)
- Secret (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Required)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: