Conversant Group is on a mission to help our customers architect, protect, and manage their IT infrastructure so they can focus on doing what they are passionate about. We are a fast-growing company (ranked 2,502 on the INC 5000 of fastest growing companies nationally). We are passionate about solving complex IT problems, preventing disasters, and becoming a long-term trusted advisor to our customers. Everything we do is deeply technical, and we bring that expertise and help into every conversation and engagement.
We are searching for an experienced Network Security Engineer to join our Technical Services team. This team is seeking highly motivated individuals who are skilled and passionate in designing and implementing technology. The person will need to work well in client environments that have technical and team considerations that sometimes conflict and how and what to present and implementing technology for the client that meets their needs and maintains our standards.
The right candidate will need to have and grow valuable experience working with customers in various market segments including legal, manufacturing, financial services, and healthcare. Applicants must be able to design, implement, and provide support for various technologies including firewalls, network security hardware and software, endpoint security software, switches, etc. This position requires effective communication and written skills. This person must enjoy consulting with a variety of customers to help them develop the right solutions for their company’s environment. Part of the team aspect is mentoring other engineers.
- Participate in discovery, design, deployment of network security hardware and software at client sites.
- Install, configure, and support firewalls, switches, load-balancers, and related technologies.
- Install, configure, and support routing, switching, wireless, security and related technologies.
- Migrations of perimeter security devices and configurations involving different manufacturers.
- Troubleshooting and support of network security solutions.
- Implementing test plans, migration plans, and delivery plans.
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation including network diagrams, configurations, and support procedures.
- Escalation to third-party support as necessary (i.e.: Fortinet, Cisco, etc.).
- Serve as a technical liaison to supported clients.
- Assist other support engineers and systems engineers in troubleshooting client installations.
- Firewall network security expertise required, with an emphasis in Fortigate firewalls.
- Routing/switching experience.
- 5+ years installing firewall solutions.
- Engineering experience with small to mid-sized customers is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with the installation and troubleshooting of Cisco networks, including routing, switching and wireless.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Subnets, VLANs, SD-WAN, Routing.
- SSLVPN and IPSEC VPN setup and configuration.
- QoS design and setup.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot LANs and WANs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, finding solutions to complex problems.
- Aptitude to adopt new technologies.
- Ability to interface with other employees to deliver the required services.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Self-motivated and desire to succeed, ability to work as necessary to meet clients’ needs.
- Wholistic understanding of how different parts of infrastructure play into the network and the impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
Other Desirable (But Not Required) Qualifications
Hands-on experience with perimeter security technologies (SonicWall, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, ASA).
- Fortinet NSE 4+.
- SD-WAN experience (Riverbed, SilverPeak, Talari, Citrix SD-WAN, etc.).
- Cisco UCS experience.
- FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiClient EMS experience.
- Storage experience (iSCSI, Fibre Channel, FCoE, etc).
- Microsoft AD/LDAPS/NPS experience.
- CCNA R&S, CWNA, CCNA Wireless, Aruba ACMA, and/or Meraki CMNA a plus.
- 802.1x authentication.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job DescriptionDevelop and maintain cybersecurity posture to be in compliance within established guidelines.Develop new initiatives to ensure that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.Develop and maintain solutions
About The PositionDarioHealth is looking for CISO to join our team and own all aspects of Information Security, Company compliance with standards, manage providers security including cloud providers.Responsibilities:Lead our Information Security practice to review and improve our
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, techn
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to
Job description:Strong IT skills and knowledge including hardware, software and networksMeticulous attention to detailAbility to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systemsA forensic approach to challengesA deep understanding of how hackers work