Description of the Position:
Jr. Incident Responder
Our Incident Response, Security Engineering, and Defense Analytics team work together to provide world-class detection and response services critical to business operations, legal compliance, and public relations. Our Incident Response team analyzes events and responds to incidents related to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and services critical to business operations ranging from impacting the end user to deeply entrenched advanced persistent threats.
- Monitor for and respond to security events and alerts that reflect a risk to the confidentiality, integrity, and/or availability of systems, services, and data.
- Coordinate over multiple mediums with users and administrators of various roles and backgrounds during incident investigations and response.
- Collect and analyze raw events and alerts. Construct timelines surrounding activity that is adversarial or otherwise related to the investigation at hand.
- Provide feedback on alerts received and events reviewed to the betterment of detection capabilities.
- Identify and resolve opportunities to automate repetitive tasks.
- Classify and prioritize incidents based on established criteria.
- Proactively propose improvements for how to reduce risk and potential future incidents.
- Consistently provide professional-quality customer service.
- Regularly track work in a ticketing/tracking system with a thoroughness acceptable for knowledge base use and customer consumption.
- Maintain high level of technical expertise with products in use and the ability to quickly familiarize with related technologies.
- Stay informed of breaking news and industry best practices from multiple reliable sources and share findings.
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings.
All Levels of Seniority
- Willing to work in a 24/7 work environment with a flexible work schedule (aimed at 40hrs per work week).
- Demonstrated experience with the security industry including an understanding of best practices, risk mitigation, and compliance frameworks.
- Able to function effectively in high stakes and high stress situations.
- Legally capable of working in the US or EU.
- Follow a continuous education program and maintain one or more relevant professional certifications.
- Ability to quickly find answers to questions referencing manuals and/or Internet resources.
- Fluent in English in both writing and speech (i.e. writing, reading, speaking, and understanding).
- 1-year experience performing similar duties.
- Obtain within 1 year and maintain at least of the following certifications (other intermediate certifications will be considered): GSEC, GCIH, CySA+, GCIA, CCENT, GCCC
- One or more security-related certifications from any of the following organizations: GIAC, ISC(2), CompTIA, EC-Council, Offensive Security, PMI, Cisco, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon
- A valid passport.
- Bachelor of Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Communications, Business or other related fields of study.
- Demonstrates a personal interest in cybersecurity outside work hours.
- Experience with regular expressions.
- Experience writing security product signatures, alerts, etc.
- Experience in an MSSP environment or performing similar duties.
- Experience with deploying, maintaining, or using one or more of the following Security Solutions: SIEM, SOAR, Network IDS/IPS, Host IDS/IPS, Network Firewall, Host Firewall, Web Application Firewall, EDR, AV, DLP, Identity & Access Management, Web Proxy, Email Security
- Programming experience in machine, assembly, high-level, scripting languages.
- Experienced in reviewing event logs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Are you willing to work in a 24x7 environment?
- SIEM: 1 year (Required)
- Network Firewall: 1 year (Required)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17 states. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family an
Sr Info Cybersecurity Analyst - (21011698)DescriptionJOB SUMMARYResponsible for analyzing security controls for information systems with increasing levels of complexity and breadth. Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure
Reporting to: Security Operations ManagerIntroduction:Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our eve
Overview:For more than 30 years, NCI Information Systems has been a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services to U.S. government agencies. With its Empower™ platform, NCI is at the forefront of implementing artificial intelligence (AI) solutions to s
We are looking for a results-oriented individual who will be responsible for ensuring the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of the Consensus business' data assets.The Application Security Engineer will be an innovative, self-driven, team player. The Application Securit
More jobs by this company
About CipherTechs, Inc.CipherTechs is a global Cyber Security service provider founded in 2001 that remains privately held with headquarters in New York City. We are completely and exclusively focused on cyber security and provide a full-service solution portfolio. We service our