Description & Requirements
DescriptionAs a Security Analyst II you will be part of the Security Operations Center team working with events and incidents as they come in. You will be a member of the incident management function serving the security operations and incident response teams by managing security incidents and enabling technical incident responders to focus on the investigation. You will be a key member of the incident response team responsible for orchestrating the analysis, containment, and recovery strategy during a response with the support from experienced security professionals. You will be part of our global security operations center that follows a follow-the-sun structure, working to ensure continuous monitoring, detection and response to security events affecting UKG and our customers. You will work closely with our security operations teams in Fort Lauderdale, Lowell, Singapore, and Paris.
Due to the nature of the work, it may require on-call duties and some weekend work. Additional work hours may also be required during an incident investigation.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
We are seeking candidates with experience managing information security incidents, ideally with a background in incident response. We are looking for someone who can collaboratively help manage a program that focuses on incident response management. You will play a key role starting from the preparation phase by ensuring workflows are being followed and in place, coordinating and communicating with critical stakeholders including legal, privacy and global security, and through the post- incident stage holding lessons learned with a customer first and service mindset.
- Serves as internal security consultant to the organization
- Supports the incident response process, responding to security incidents across the organization that will vary in scope and severity
- Coordinate teams across security and the business as part of the incident response process to ensure appropriate individuals are involved in incident analysis, containment, and resolution
- Provides regular written and verbal updates and consistent communication to management and other stakeholders as part of an incident response
- Executes and oversees internal projects to help mature the incident response program. This may include process development/improvement, policy creation and maintenance and selection and implementation of technical solutions
- Perform incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability, and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts
- Conduct incident response tabletop exercises with response teams
- Write and publish after action reviews. Conduct lessons learned, document key risks after incident closure, bringing attention to top risks and drive remediation with stakeholders
- Assist with security compliance audits as it relates to incident response
- Experience in security incident management and or response including analysis of events, review of suspected malicious activity, identification of indicators of compromise and providing guidance on resolution and remediation activities
- Strong understanding of incident response frameworks and threat landscapes
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal, ability to present to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent analytical skills in order to identity incident response tasks and appropriate measures needed to help mitigate those incidents. Must be comfortable in conducting independent research of issues and inquires in order to provide guidance when requested.
- Knowledge of handling various incident categories, timelines for responses and incident handling methodologies
- Knowledge of incident categories, incident responses, and timelines for responses as well as incident response and handling methodologies.
- Knowledge of cyber-attack stages (e.g., reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
- Knowledge of common system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, phishing, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, malicious code).
- Knowledge of operating systems including Windows, Linux and UNIX
- Ability to interpret the information collected by network and operating system tools (e.g. Nslookup, Ping, Traceroute, Firewalls, and SIEMs)
- Ability to function in high stressed situations with professionalism and urgency to address incidents
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
Corporate overviewHere at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Software Security EngineerThought IndustriesWe're looking for a 100% remote , skilled Security Engineer to analyze designs and implementations from a security perspective, and identify and resolve security software issues.Your day to day would consist of analyzing, improving and.
Your JobWe are looking for a Platform Engineer specializing in Securityto join our product development team, and play an integral role in the development of our managed Kubernetes offering. You will build and develop the platform, using cutting edge technologies including Kuberne
Are you a Jr Security Engineer who is passionate about empowering engineering and infrastructure teams to build secure software? Redox is searching for an exceptionally talented Junior Security Engineer to learn and grow within our security program. In this role, you will assist.
Who We Need: You are comfortable being the primary point of contact in the day-to-day administration of information security tools and devices.You are willing to implement security measures to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks and recomment security changes to the system or
REMOTE, US /CORPORATE – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY /FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENTIn this hands-on role, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and providing escalated support of solutions regarding intrusion detection, incident response, secure configu
Let's change the world togetherCDW is building teams that are growing service offerings to our customers. A successful Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) will immerse in a close-knit group of technology leaders to collaborate with and master complex solutions to business require
More jobs by this company
Description & RequirementsDescriptionThe Workforce Institute at UKG is seeking a highly functional and skilled Administrative Assistant II to manage operations for the Institute through creation of client-facing collateral, website administration, weekly communication develop
Description & RequirementsDescriptionThe Product Support Specialists delivers comprehensive, high quality support on UKG Dimensions software and hardware products. On this fast-paced team, the engineer will need to exemplify outstanding customer service skills as well as trou
Description & RequirementsDescriptionAs a Specialty Support Representative you’ll be responsible for supporting customer concerns and resolving identified errors and data discrepancies related to a customer tax filing profiles in order to provide a positive quarter-end
Description & RequirementsDescriptionUltimate Kronos Group is seeking individuals who have a passion for providing world-class customer service. In this Rapid Response Professional role, you will work 29 hours per week from your home office. You will be part of a team support
Description & RequirementsDescription? Complete daily balancing and reconciliation of tax liabilities between payroll and tax systems.? Generate daily payments for tax liabilities managed in Mastertax, ensuring timely submission to the bank and agencies.? Conduct quarterly/an
Description & RequirementsDescriptionThe Customer Renewal Representative is responsible for proactively working with an assigned set of customers to inspire successful use of our products by those customers and to achieve the highest possible renewal rates within that custome
Description & RequirementsDescriptionThis Manger will oversee a team of flexible workers who are handling cyclical or accumulated work within the Services organization. In the execution of this responsibility the Manager collaborates with leaders across Services to enable UKG
Description & RequirementsDescriptionAs a Business Analyst for UKG Software, you will be an integral member of a dynamic team playing a key role in understanding the customer integration needs and documenting them to prepare high quality business requirements documents. In th