Do you want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, where no two days are the same? We’re looking for a Developer, Orders Automation who enjoys both a buzz and a challenge?
Developer, Orders Automation
Full-time, home based in the US
We’re BCD Travel, one of the world’s leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don’t just take our word for it: we've been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
In this role, you will develop and maintain low to medium complexity level requests to support BCD, customer, & industry requirements, increase agent productivity, decrease errors, and reduce operating costs. Adhere to department processes and best practices to ensure coding consistency. Analyze current programs to provide enhancements for strategic projects
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Receive written requirements via BCD Travel’s help desk. Follow department procedures to quickly and accurately program request in BCD Travel’s MidOffice tool
- Develop ‘scope of work’ including estimate level of effort and delivery date for requests
- Program requirements per department standards and best practices
- Perform comprehensive testing on your own programming
- Coding must pass peer review and quality assurance testing before delivered to end user
- Program and customize MidOffice routines for automation initiatives
- Provide a proactive and consultative approach to MidOffice development; design solutions that increase agent productivity, decrease errors and reduce GDS hits
- Create and enhance existing MidOffice automation library including testing and posting of new versions
- Hone and maintain development skills necessary to perform responsibilities proficiently
- Correctly utilize company help desk application to track productivity
- Create, maintain and demonstrate internal/external training documentation as requested by leadership
- Provide proactive, consultative approach to MidOffice development
- Design solutions to increase agent productivity, decrease errors and reduce GDS hits
- Collaborate with other technology teams and/or suppliers to develop best practices and technology solutions
- Use effective time management to work on multiple requests concurrently and deliver on time per department service level agreement
- Meet or exceed department productivity expectations as measured via help desk statistics
How you can set yourself apart
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process reengineering skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient PC, Windows software and project management knowledge
- Good people skills and able to work with diverse cultures
- Able to effectively articulate technical opportunities and risks
- Professional manner and appearance
- Ability to work daily hours to support BCD business in appropriate country/region local time zone as requested by leadership
- Ability to use and communicate in English as the primary language
- Experience in Development and programming languages
- Experience in travel reservations and process
- Working knowledge of 1 GDS technologies: Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre
- Working knowledge of database integrations to BCD products, SQL and .NET technologies
- Working knowledge of web services and AWS technologies
- Travel Industry, Travel agent or operations experience
What we offer you
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others is also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
- Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Opportunity at a Glance:The Sr. Analyst, Business Intelliggence is responsible for successfully managing, advancing and delivering business intelligence solutions and services to meet the business objectives of the organization's institutions with minimal.
Headquarters: New York URL: https://basecapanalytics.com/Data is at the heart of cost efficiency, business processes, and decisioning. Digitally savvy firms have an edge to benefit from new technologies. BaseCap is a rapid-growing software company that.
About Press Ganey:Press Ganey pioneered the health care performance improvement movement 35 years ago. Today Press Ganey offers an integrated suite of solutions that enable enterprise transformation across the patient journey. Delivered through a cutting-edge.
Job Description:Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers,.
Are you passionate about technology? Do you have a laser focus to provide exceptional products and services?At Dash Networks we have multiple openings in our Hosting Division supporting clients around the globe. We are looking for a seasoned Web Hosting.
More jobs by this company
Do you want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, where no two days are the same? We’re looking for a Program Manager Groups who enjoys a challenge.Program Manager GroupsFull-time, hybrid in Cleveland, OHWe’re BCD Travel, one of the world’s.
Do you want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, where no two days are the same? We’re looking for a IT Service Desk Technician who enjoys both a buzz and a challenge.IT Service Desk TechnicianFulltime, homebased in the USWe’re BCD Travel,.