Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
How you will make a difference
XTIVIA is looking to add a dynamic Oracle Senior DBA who excels in great customer service with strong technical knowledge to help our customers get the best out of their database environments. An individual who is motivated to find the root cause and likes to take on an unknown issue as a challenge and a chance to expand their knowledge. The ideal candidate would like to work on problems independently, knowing they have a team of experienced DBAs to rely on if needed.
The Oracle Senior DBA must be able to perform consulting assignments, assessments, upgrades, migrations, support managed service clients, and perform troubleshooting for multiple clients. This individual would be responsible for providing production support for multiple end-clients and ad-hoc work as needed. Part of your duties includes participation in an on-call support rotation. Some occasional off-hours work is required as needed by clients. Responsibilities include daily multi-tasking among multiple clients. Some travel will be required as needed.
This is fast-paced, interacting directly with multiple clients at a time, thinking on your feet, and solving customer issues type of opportunity. If you like being busy, working with customers, solving issues, hands-on in the latest Oracle technologies - you have found your next move!
This is not a contract. It is a full-time salaried position. - We are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas -
Opportunity is remote - It will continue to be remote after COVID when safe (with occasional travel) though you must still reside within the USA. Candidates must be able to pass a 10-year background check.
Please note: Due to federal security clearance requirements, the applicant must be a United States Citizen.
What you bring to your new team
- Oracle DBA experience with at least 3 of the following database versions: 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c
- DBA experience w/large database systems (2-100TB+ in size)
- Able to demonstrate senior level skills in planning, documenting, and carrying out deployments, patching, migrations, and upgrades of Oracle databases and client installs
- Able to demonstrate senior level skills in performing and documenting an Oracle database health check for security, performance, availability, upgrades, and backups
- Able to trace and read the output of traced Oracle sessions for performance-related troubleshooting
- Able to demonstrate performing RMAN backup and recovery procedures
- Able to demonstrate troubleshooting Oracle problems with little or no assistance
- Providing configuration, monitoring, and on-call support for development, test, and production environments
- Knowledge of Oracle Data Guard configuration and administration
- Able to assist clients with Oracle issues on the phone and via screen sharing software on the spot
- UNIX, Linux, and Microsoft Windows Oracle experience required
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and be willing to work with a wide variety of personalities both internally and externally
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Must be able to work without supervision and micromanagement
- Must be able to keep a set workday schedule
- MINIMUM of 10 to 12 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator
- Must be available to be part of the 24/7 On-call support rotation
- Willing to perform occasional scheduled off-hour nightly production installs, patches or upgrades
- Ability to export and import data from and to an Oracle database
- Willing to attain additional Oracle Certification when asked
- Must demonstrate senior-level skills with one or more of the following specialty Oracle products (Oracle RAC, Oracle EBS, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Golden Gate).
- Willing to work with new technologies and on new issues never before encountered
How you add even MORE value
- Oracle Certifications are a plus
- Additional expertise for one of the following Oracle products (Oracle RAC, Oracle EBS, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Golden Gate)
- Other Oracle tools/products experience a plus (Examples? Oracle BI, ODI - (Data Integrator),
- Optimizing loads of large volumes of data into a database
- Experience with large corporate business environments
- AWS EC2 and RDS database support and migrations are a plus
- System administration skills are a plus
- Technical support or call center support experience is a plus
- Professional Consulting Experience a plus
- VPN/Network/RDC configuration and debugging skills are a plus
Get to know XTIVIA
XTIVIA is an innovative B2B technology enterprise solutions company committed to providing integrated technology solutions and services, delivering measurable results as a trusted industry thought leader for 30 years.
Our services include managed services and business solutions, like DevOps, CRM, and ITSM; database support and management; application solutions, including mobile apps; ERP solutions for GovCon and the private sector; and platform integration, with APIs as well as digital experience CMS solutions.
If you can imagine the business outcome, XTIVIA can create it with technology.
XTIVIA has offices in Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Missouri, Texas, and Virginia.
How we take care of our team members
For XTIVIA to recruit—and retain—the most experienced and talented people, XTIVIA offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Our employees are our corporate family, so benefits extend beyond our employees to include their families. We provide affordable medical, dental, and vision benefits. Other benefits include a 401(k) plan with match, company-paid disability and life insurance, voluntary life insurance options, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), identity and fraud protection, and recognition and wellness programs. To promote a healthy work-life balance, XTIVIA offers team members flexible paid time off and remote and flexible work options, enabling you to spend time with family and recharge as needed without worrying about accruals. In addition, we encourage ongoing career development by offering paid training and certification opportunities. Our benefits are designed and focused around our culture and core values, treating people the way we would like to be treated.
This position has an expected salary range of $95,000 to $120,000
Your compensation is based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
What We Promise
At XTIVIA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, parental status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. XTIVIA believes that diversity and inclusion among our team members are critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Oracle DBA: 10 years (Preferred)
- Production DBA: 10 years (Preferred)
- DataGuard: 8 years (Preferred)
- Oracle RAC: 8 years (Preferred)
- ExaData: 8 years (Preferred)
- Golden Gate: 8 years (Preferred)
- Oracle EBS: 8 years (Preferred)
- AWS Migrations: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Opportunity at a Glance:The Sr. Analyst, Business Intelliggence is responsible for successfully managing, advancing and delivering business intelligence solutions and services to meet the business objectives of the organization's institutions with minimal.
We are looking for a SQL DBA who has a secret clearance or can qualify for one. The ideal candidate will have 8 plus years as a DBA, excellent communication skills and strong experience with DBMS such as PostrgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server. You will also.
DBA (Mid-Level) AINS has an exciting and challenging position for a Database Administrator on a large IT project that supports more than 80 COTS, customized software and services at a Federal Government client in the Washington DC area (fully remote.
CGS is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to work Remotely.CGS is seeking a passionate PostgreSQL Database Administrator to support a rapidly growing Data Analytics and Business Intelligence platform focused on providing data solutions that empower.
Database AdministratorPosition SummaryAs a Database Administrator, you will support data management routines, troubleshoot database/query performance problems, and develop SQL optimizations. You will also provide consultation on data modeling, data integration,.
Roles & ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for the maintenance and security of Oracle development, testing, and production database environmentsThe DBA must be an expert on Oracle 10G, 11G, 12C and 19CThe DBA plans back-up and recoveries, disaster.
More jobs by this company
Description:XTIVIA - PostgreSQL Database AdministratorThis position is remote.This is a full-time opportunity.How you will make a differenceExperienced PostgreSQL Database Administrator able to perform remote consulting assignments, health checks, tuning,.
Description:XTIVIA - Angular Front End Developer (Contract)This is a remote position.Minimum 6 month contract with additional extensions. End client is in Health Insurance.How you will make a differenceThe Application the consultant will work on is an.
Start Date: ASAPLocation: RemoteDuration: 4-6 Months Full-Time ContractHow you will make a differenceXTIVIA is currently recruiting a Sr. EBX Developer/Technical Lead for one of our direct clients. The EBX Developer will be a part of a dynamic and fun.
Start Date: ASAPDuration: 6 Months ContractLocation: Remote (CST TimeZone)At this time, XTIVIA cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.How you will make a difference:Snowflake Professional with hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities,.