Network Engineer - Switch Translations I
The VoIP Provisioning team is focused on implementing, verifying and providing a smooth operation of customer line side circuits as it relates to VoIP SIP service delivery platforms. Our responsibility is all-inclusive: Verify and Validate SIP configurations in the upfront process; document these settings and customer choices for the order flow; provision configurations in VoIP switches; prepare DID numbers for porting and service activation; carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects; troubleshooting failed installs; changes/improvements requested by management, Sales Teams and Engineering/Planning groups. Additionally, the engineer works directly with Centralized Engineering, Provisioning Engineering Project Managers, Regional Engineers and end-users to validate the provisioned physical and virtual circuit path for SIP services.
Desired Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or medical exemption accommodation)
- Provision facets of SIP circuits in MetaSwitch (ie: PBX objects, SIP bindings, DID # management, configurations)
- Provide DID number porting support
- Work tasks by accessing the M6 (Metasolve) ticketing system to provide customer circuits.
- Access various web-based systems and programs that aides in the daily function of provisioning in conjunction with M6 for record validation and updates.
- Have a general understanding of one piece of the following equipment:
MetaSwitch, Adtran, Oracle ACME SBC, Avaya, Genband, Cisco, TDM voice switches (ie: GTD5, 5ESS, DMS100)
- Have technical knowledge of the following technology which includes but is not limited to:
- Carrier Porting concepts (number portability, Carrier rules & regulations regarding NPA/NXX activity, Lumen portal for out of franchise)
- Customer PBX equipment (including PRI, FXS handoffs)
- VoIP Troubleshooting skills
- SAS trace and deciphering the output delivery system
- ISIS tracing
- able to trace incoming and outbound calls
- Validating International and 911 requirements
- Ability to comprehend circuit layout record or design layout record by assisting, delegating and interacting with PM and Field Technicians.
- Understanding of VoIP signaling protocols (SIP, RTP, H.248 and other related protocols)
- Basic knowledge of provisioning, implementation, and documentation of complex network and platform configurations.
- Understanding of Ethernet Basic Principles.
- Establishes networking environment by verifying design system configurations; guiding UNI system installation, logical documentation, and enforcing policies and standards.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems.
- Position requires detailed organization to detail and being highly motivated.
- Demonstrated track record of interfacing with customers and other telecom providers.
- Candidate should be 100% professional and capable of effectively communicating (written and verbal) complex issues to audiences with various skill levels, organizational skills, and computer skills, particularly around Microsoft Office products.
- Interpersonal skills to work within a team environment
- Certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, VoIP, SIP-CCSA, MEF (Metro-Ethernet Forum)
- Flexibility to work a schedule that will meet the demand of our customers as required.
- Various evening shift activity is required
- Salesforcece / Vlocity
- On-line LERG
- Bachelor’sor Degree in Engineering, IT, or equivalent work experience is desirable with a minimum of one to two years.
- Telecom or Broadband industry-specific experience a plus.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Opportunity at a Glance:The Sr. Analyst, Business Intelliggence is responsible for successfully managing, advancing and delivering business intelligence solutions and services to meet the business objectives of the organization's institutions with minimal.
About Press Ganey:Press Ganey pioneered the health care performance improvement movement 35 years ago. Today Press Ganey offers an integrated suite of solutions that enable enterprise transformation across the patient journey. Delivered through a cutting-edge.
Description:Implementation ConsultantThrough market-leading data warehouse & analytics and empowering Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) technology, Affinaquest (AQ) is the market leader in institutional advancement, fan engagement, and nonprofit.
Tyler Technologies is currently seeking a Jr. Data Application Engineer to join their US Direct / NIC Division to support their Recreation Dynamics product. This is a remote position. As our Jr. Data Application Engineer, you will focus on supporting.
ResponsibilitiesWork with project owners/stakeholders to ensure delivery schedules are on track and issues are raised appropriately and timelyManage resource schedules to ensure delivery aligns with scheduled release datesConduct regular business reviews.
Title: SQL Developer (MS SQL Server) - SSIS Packages - Flexi supportLocation: RemoteDuration: 6+ MonthsJob Description: Candidate with min 5+ years in IT with strong SQL coding skills (MS SQL Server) and SSIS package hands-on knowledge (ability to develop,.
More jobs by this company
Data Scientist IIDescriptionFrontier Communications is looking for a Data Scientist with a strong academic grounding in statistics to join our Data Science team under the Consumer organization.You will get a chance to analyze massive data sets with the.
Job Description: Senior Technical AnalystSummary of Position:The Commercial Services Metrics Team is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting reporting applications used by Commercial Services to report on the performance, quality,.