Specifically, the Data Warehouse Developer will work with EIA (Enterprise Information Analytics), data governance staff, business analysts, end-users, data owners, and Business Intelligence (BI) and data management professionals to:
- Carry out the design and implementation of data warehouse solutions including data acquisition process design, use of BI technology features and functions, data modeling, business rules processing, and data aggregation and summarization techniques
- Utilize Tableau’s BI visualization solution set to meet UCSF’s BI objectives
Take technical ownership of UCSF’s implementation of data warehousing solution set, overseeing:
- Creation and maintenance of key processes by collaborating with other developers
- End-user and technical training
- Usage and resource monitoring
- Assist in training staff on the use and capabilities available within the solution set
- Partner with business stakeholders and/or functional business analysts and/or Project Manager/solutions specialists to design and develop efficient and standards-based BI solutions using Tableau’s BI products that satisfy business information reporting needs
- Serve as a technical leader and advisor to IT and departmental BI developers on the Tableau BI product set
- Lead the development of BI solution prototypes that demonstrate performance and usability to business and IT stakeholders
- Collaborate with data modelers and data integration architects/developers to establish end-to-end data and information delivery architecture
- Analyze, Design, Develop and implement ETL workflows using tools such as SQL, DataStage, SSIS, etc.,
- Serve as an escalation to resolve complex technical issues in collaboration with staff and provide updates to leadership and business partners
- Champion and educate business and IT staff on the use of the BI technologies for strategic and tactical decision making with the use of data to support recommendations/decisions
- Lead and participate in the dissemination of best practices and processes, including outcomes at various internal/external venues
- Research and stay abreast of the latest trends in BI technologies and work with vendors to carry out product evaluations and proof-of-concepts
The Enterprise Information Analytics vision is advancing UCSF’s ability to care, heal, teach and discover by providing ubiquitous access to relevant and high-quality information and analytics. We do this by working with our clinical, research, education, and business customers to organize, integrate and govern UCSF’s information assets and then develop targeted data sets and analyses that provide important insights.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing secure, scalable, and high-performance BI and analytic solutions; at least 5 years of experience as a Tableau Developer and 1 year of experience as a Tableau Administration
- 5 years of experience in advanced skills associated with software specification, design, modification, implementation, and deployment of large-scale scope
- 3 years of experience with dimensional data modeling and relational databases
- 3 years of experience in SQL
- Ability to communicate with high proficiency, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff, in both technical language and business terms
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Proficient in developing technical specifications, presentations, training materials, user documentation, and technical documentation
- Demonstrated success with overseeing software development lifecycle for enterprise-wide BI projects and ability to assess and solve complex technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to understand domain needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills
- Master’s degree in a related area and/or equivalent experience/training
2 years of experience in BI and analytics in Healthcare
- Experience with BI and analytic tools such as Qlik and R
- Experience in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of ETL workflows using tools such as SQL, Datastage, SSIS, etc.
- Experience in developing technical staff
- Excellent project leadership and management skills
- BI and analytics in Health, Education, or Research
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience creating and maintaining data visualizations standards
- Experience with predictive/prescriptive analytics and precision medicine
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Job Code and Payroll Title
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Opportunity at a Glance:The Sr. Analyst, Business Intelliggence is responsible for successfully managing, advancing and delivering business intelligence solutions and services to meet the business objectives of the organization's institutions with minimal.
About Press Ganey:Press Ganey pioneered the health care performance improvement movement 35 years ago. Today Press Ganey offers an integrated suite of solutions that enable enterprise transformation across the patient journey. Delivered through a cutting-edge.
Description:Implementation ConsultantThrough market-leading data warehouse & analytics and empowering Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) technology, Affinaquest (AQ) is the market leader in institutional advancement, fan engagement, and nonprofit.
Tyler Technologies is currently seeking a Jr. Data Application Engineer to join their US Direct / NIC Division to support their Recreation Dynamics product. This is a remote position. As our Jr. Data Application Engineer, you will focus on supporting.
ResponsibilitiesWork with project owners/stakeholders to ensure delivery schedules are on track and issues are raised appropriately and timelyManage resource schedules to ensure delivery aligns with scheduled release datesConduct regular business reviews.
Title: SQL Developer (MS SQL Server) - SSIS Packages - Flexi supportLocation: RemoteDuration: 6+ MonthsJob Description: Candidate with min 5+ years in IT with strong SQL coding skills (MS SQL Server) and SSIS package hands-on knowledge (ability to develop,.
More jobs by this company
This is a mid-level Service Desk analyst position with a primary responsibility of providing functional workflow support in Epic EMR and with secondary responsibility of providing desktop support to end-users. At this level, support calls may be complex.
Plans long-term statistical studies, including the preparation of proposals, design of survey instruments and determining sampling procedures.Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes the collection of information and data; recommends statistical approaches,.