The Senior ETL Developer will help build the Next Gen Applications Suite. Along with writing effective code, the position will be responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining a highly scalable set of products and applications. The incumbent will use industry best practices and work collaboratively with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, principal engineers, software engineers, test automation team and DevOps engineers.
How you will make an impact:
- Performs as a key contributor to an engineering team that builds and supports exceptional products that provide innovative solutions to challenging business use cases, existing system and operational problems.
- Participates in architectural design, system analysis, and programming activities on application software; this may often require independent research and study.
- Develops high-quality and production-ready software by using best-practice data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and frameworks that are maintainable, scalable, responsive, and secure.
- Writes highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance and with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
- Produces complete, simple, and readable technical documentation for everything developed and maintains a team culture of documenting everything.
- Tests and ensures quality of all code that developed in line with principles of test-driven development and continuous delivery, utilizing test automation frameworks wherever possible.
- Participates in code-reviews, provides technical guidance and mentors software engineers.
- Collaborates closely with Engineering leadership, Product Managers, Designers, Test Automation and other teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence and scope business and functional requirements and drive results.
- Instruments infrastructure and application performance monitoring, capacity management, alerting, tools instrumentation and metrics (KPI) management.
- Performs impact assessment of product (hardware, software) upgrades.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and executing engineering projects.
- Supports and collaborates with other Engineers through evaluation, design analysis, and development phases.
- Maintains knowledge, ensures competency and compliance with policies and procedures, in order to be the technical expert while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- BS/MS in computer science or alongside 6+ years of experience designing and developing ETL applications and data platforms.
- Minimum 6 Years of Experience in design and development of ETL jobs, knowledge of BODS (Business Objects Data Services) would be nice to have.
- Minimum 6 Years of Experience in SQL and PL/SQL.
- Understand and support existing ETL code and support Production jobs.
- Able to read and code Code Java routines is highly desirable.
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable and secure Applications and Products.
- Experience with developing and deploying applications on Azure or similar cloud platform (knowledge on Salesforce is a plus).
- Ability to understand business plans and apply that information into the development of an IT business case.
- Anticipates problems, resistance or likely objections and takes action to resolve them.
- Ability to lead and manage small to large enterprise network implementations or changes.
- Ability to guide, train and mentor associate engineers.
- Highly skilled in developing quantitative cost/benefit analysis to measure improvements.
- Proficient in organizational processes as well as capable of assessing and initiating change of such processes.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge and application of competency and can consult as well as lead others in its application.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Ability to develop and maintain key vendor relationships with a focus on technology currency and best practices.
- Life-long learner, process improver.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation, 12 holidays, 9 sick days and your birthday off!
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities, including 16 paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program, focusing on overall employee well-being
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon, entertainment, travel, and more!
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
At Delta Dental we:
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: @lifeatddins on Facebook and Instagram, @deltadentalins on Twitter, and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn.
Unfortunately, our Delta Dental Enterprise is unable to hire individuals residing in Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Vermont, Maine, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Puerto Rico or other US Territories at this time.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
Delta Dental* has enacted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to protect all employees and the communities we serve due to the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Accordingly, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Are you able to comply with our policy of being fully vaccinated by your start date if an offer is made or have a medical or sincerely held religious exemption for receiving a COVID-19 vaccine? Failure to comply with our policy and submit proof of compliance or receive approval for a valid medical or sincerely held religious belief exemption prior to your start date will nullify any offer of employment extended to you.
- Delta Dental includes: Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental Insurance Company, Delta Dental of Pennsylvania, and Delta Dental of New York
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Opportunity at a Glance:The Sr. Analyst, Business Intelliggence is responsible for successfully managing, advancing and delivering business intelligence solutions and services to meet the business objectives of the organization's institutions with minimal.
Experience with Java 7 and Java 8 language construct and features. Expertise with multithreaded UI based on Swing UI libraries and UI extensions, Java FX, J2EE, J2SE, JDBC, JMS, SOAP, JNI, Design Patterns Strong understanding of batch processing of large.
The Senior Developer will be a critical part of our growing business where we are continually striving to automate our operations. We continue to advance our robust technology portfolio and innovation is a large part of our digital transformation. This.
As a Jira Engineer you will lead various development and support activities for Jira within Mutual of Omaha. Jira is used to manage the workload of various business teams to provide support to our customers. In this opportunity you will play a crucial.
About Us: DMW&H is a premier Automated Material Handling Systems Integrator headquartered in Northern NJ. Our employees have recognized us as one of the best places to work in New Jersey for eight continuous years. As a leading automation company, DMW&H.
BV Tech is looking for a Java Developer urgently to support a US Federal government agency project.Great Rates! C2C or 1099 Independent Contracts offeredLocation: "Remote"Must be a US Citizen or G.C holder with Public Trust security clearance or higher.