ACGI is searching for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for an opportunity to serve those who work to serve others, this is a great opportunity for you. This position is fully Remote.
- Self-motivated Software Engineer for remote position.
- This individual must provide engineering services to new association and credentialing management software users working with an Implementation Team consisting of Project Managers, Business Analysts and Software Engineers. Candidate will also work with Software Engineers and employees in other business areas especially on the Product Development Team.
- Candidate must be a creative, focused, technically curious individual who enjoys working hands-on with code in a fast-paced culture. The position is critical to business success and user satisfaction, serving as a critical part of our software installation efforts. This opportunity requires a strategic thinker and problem solver, with a strong passion for consistency, collaboration, reliability and user centered implementation services.
- Translate business requirements and user experience designs into working solutions
- As part of the team, own backend development and architectural design with our Oracle APEX stack
- Work closely with UX and UI team members to deliver fully responsive and accessible solutions
- Perform unit tests and quality check all development for efficient execution, stability, consistency, and adherence to technical requirements and UI/UX standards
- Attend standups, refinement sessions, estimation meetings and discovery meetings as the subject matter expert
- Own the preparation of requirements and end user documentation
- Contribute to cross team efforts and interact with customers when required to identify solutions
- Work with the ACGI internal team to deliver solutions that meet client’s needs within schedule and budget
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and technical support when required
- Manage day-to-day activities to achieve client goals and internal business objectives
- Other departmental tasks, as assigned
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with PL/SQL and Oracle APEX desired, or similar coding languages
- Writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Understanding of database design, API’s, REST protocols and JSON
- Experience with version control systems and release management
- Hard-working, proactive and self-motivated
- Keen attention to detail and deep passion for consistency
- Creative problem solver with a positive attitude
- Collaborative team player with an openness to new ideas
- Ability to manage multiple projects and day-to-day responsibilities with little oversight
- Experience with the latest Oracle APEX versions
- Dashboards and data visualizations (a plus if experienced in D3)
- Behavioral data analysis tools (a plus if experienced with Pendo)
- Agile and communication tools such as Jira, Confluence and Slack
- Understanding of Material Design standards, responsive application development, and accessibility guidelines
Success factors/job competencies:
- Action Oriented & Drive for Results: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things seen as challenging; not fearful of action with minimum of planning; seizes opportunity to drive business objectives forward. Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals successfully; is consistent in performance and strives to be a top performer; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and other for results. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Critical Thinking & Continuous Development: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; ability to synthesize objectives across the organization and take appropriate action without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything. Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; capable, and agile. Applies new learnings to enhance productivity and quality of the work without prompting. Seeks and applies efficiencies in day-to-day work, constantly improving and streamlining processes to achieve company objectives.
- Communication & Relationship Building: Has the ability to perceive reactions via non-verbal signals of others, reason with others to promote thinking and cognitive activity, understand drivers of decisions by interpreting the cause of other’s reactions and what it may mean, and manage relationships by working collaboratively to reach the best outcome for the company. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Actively and consistently seeks to work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships, leverage information, and achieve results. Serves as a collaboration catalyst that motivates others to want to collaborate as well.
Fullsteam and its Family of Companies offers a competitive wage as well as major medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, paid holidays and personal time off, employer paid short term disability and a life and accidental death and dismemberment policy. Other employee paid supplemental insurances offered.
Physical demands and work environment (REMOTE):
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
This position is 100% remote. The candidate would need to have a suitable work environment set up as their home office and be comfortable managing their own schedule in a non-corporate office environment.
EEOC & ADA Statement:
Fullsteam and its family of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Fullsteam and its family of companies complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Fullsteam Human Resources.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Final candidate must be able to pass a background check.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Company DescriptionSince we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools.
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: OtherRequisition Type: RegularSummary:Develops, analyzes, and models operational, financial, and other organizational data to quantify the competitive performance of business segments, evaluate potential operational.
Responsibilities:Insurance enterprises across all sectors and lines of business face an evolving landscape of product, technology and corporate innovation. Delivering solutions requires a proactive and nimble approach. A career with DHG Insurance will.
Do you want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, where no two days are the same? We’re looking for a Developer, Orders Automation who enjoys both a buzz and a challenge?Developer, Orders AutomationFull-time, home based in the USWe’re BCD.
Piper Companies is looking for a Data Analyst, Pharmaceutical for a leading biopharmaceutical organization in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the Data Analyst, Pharmaceutical:You will drive pharmaceutical client.
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries.