The Sr. Applications Analyst/Developer -WMSAPPS, reporting to the Manager-IT, WMSAPPS, will be a Sr. Technical Resource on the WMSAPPS team, focused on the Synapse WMS, related Robotics & Warehouse Automation, and closely related applications, databases, and tools - with responsibility for data flows, integrations, configuration, and support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Consistently applies Barrett’s core values of Always Better, Utmost Integrity, Dedication to the Customer, I am an Owner, and Open and Honest relationships in all interactions and decision making. Is responsible in knowing and acting in accordance with Barrett’s vision to WOW our customers, partners, and fellow employees with every interaction.
- Responsible for developing applications and processes in a manner to provide an exemplary Internal & External customer experience.
- Serve as a thought leader & resource for the WMSAPPS Team Development functions that currently exist within all teams & vendors of the IT Department.
- Serve primarily as a Senior Level Development resource; approximately 75% DEV/25% Technical Leader, Mentoring and guiding other members of the team.
- Responsible for documenting and implementing ongoing configuration changes in Synapse and related systems to support changing customer requirements.
- Provide day to day support, coaching, and training to teams supporting internal Synapse users & customers.
- Work with customers and internal users to develop new, and improve existing, Crystal Reports.
- Analyst will work with new and existing customers to support custom label development as needed.
- Works conjunctly with Internal Teams and External Customers to investigate and examine needs, issues, and concerns about current and future warehouse processes.
- Assist with applying business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies/principles and business process modernization projects.
- Assists with the development and application of organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated systems.
- Develop and maintain proper documentation of systems configuration and changes.
- Develop skills to utilize current reporting software.
- Resolve issues in a timely, accurate, and customer service focused manner – ensuring issue is properly documented in appropriate IT Service Desk Tools
- In conjunction with Information Technology management, manage systemic improvements as they occur.
- Responsible for being a subject matter expert in the following areas:
- Synapse WMS and closely related systems & tools, including Oracle Database.
- Locus and 6River Systems Robotics and related interfaces
- Lightning Pick and related interfaces
- NiceLabel Enterprise and related workflows & interfaces
- ProShip Parcel Shipping system and related shipping standards provided by the major parcel carrier and regional parcel carriers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular travel to Team Offsite Meetings, Customer Meetings, and Vendor events required. 25-40%
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Information Technology, or related field required. 8+ years of equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
8-10 years of experience in Supply Chain management, Finance, and Business Management required. Relevant experience in a logistics setting is preferred.
Direct experience supporting a Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) package, or a Tier 1 ERP system with an advanced WMS module.
Direct experience in an industry with a strongly regulated or complex supply chain (Retail, Grocery, Medical, Automotive, etc.)
Strong SQL Skills, Oracle Platform and Crystal Reports or similar reporting platform preferred.
Strong hands-on knowledge of supporting Supply Chain technologies & standards including UPC/GTINs, GS/UCC128 Labeling, VICS Bills of Lading
Proficient in all Microsoft business applications such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Knowledge of Networking, Visual Basic &/or VB.NET and electronic interfacing methods (EDI, XML, Flat File, etc.) and related transport methods (EDI VAN, AS2, FTP, etc.) preferred.
Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English (Bilingual Spanish/English skills preferred). Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills and both verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well under pressure and problem solve across a variety of business processes. Strong analytical skills with an ability to present views in a convincing, creative, clear, and impactful manner.
Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines. Strong emphasis on organizational skills and attention to detail.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Barrett Distribution Centers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Opportunity at a Glance:The Sr. Analyst, Business Intelliggence is responsible for successfully managing, advancing and delivering business intelligence solutions and services to meet the business objectives of the organization's institutions with minimal.
Headquarters: New York URL: https://basecapanalytics.com/Data is at the heart of cost efficiency, business processes, and decisioning. Digitally savvy firms have an edge to benefit from new technologies. BaseCap is a rapid-growing software company that.
About Press Ganey:Press Ganey pioneered the health care performance improvement movement 35 years ago. Today Press Ganey offers an integrated suite of solutions that enable enterprise transformation across the patient journey. Delivered through a cutting-edge.
Job Description:Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers,.
Are you passionate about technology? Do you have a laser focus to provide exceptional products and services?At Dash Networks we have multiple openings in our Hosting Division supporting clients around the globe. We are looking for a seasoned Web Hosting.
More jobs by this company
SUMMARY:The HRIS Specialist, reporting to the HRIS Manager, will maintain the integrity and reliability of the organization’s Human Resource Information System (HRIS), ensuring applications meet the needs, requirements, and objectives of the HR department..
SUMMARY:The Sr. Distribution Applications Analyst- Technical Account Manager reporting to the Asst. Manager IT – TAM Practice Lead, is responsible for setup and maintenance of customers in Synapse, and related systems. Analyst will be assigned one or.
SUMMARY:The Sr. Integration Developer/Analyst, reporting to the Sr Manager, IT Integration & Infrastructure, is responsible for development of Integration related mapping, objects, and related processes. The Sr. Integration Developer/Analyst will also.