We have an exciting opportunity for a Database Developer to join our team.
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains complex business, accounting, and management information systems.
- Works on complex assignments.
- Design databases to organize and save data while also keeping it safe and secure.
- Run tests to identify areas of improvement, provide database access to authorized users, monitor the performance of a database, merge old databases with new ones, as well as troubleshoot and fix usage issues and malfunctions.
- Ensure that data is secure
- Identify needs for databases
- Conduct testing and implement improvements
- Provide users with access and permissions
- Merge old databases into new ones
- Monitor database performance
- Troubleshoot and fix problems
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in software development, database design/development, and/or related field
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complex information
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- 8+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA/Application ADBA
- 5+ years of SQL and PL/SQL Development experience
- Eclipse 3.3+, Linux scripting
- DB Schema Design, DB Performance tuning, Oracle 10g+, TOAD 9.6+
- Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
- Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
- Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with designing, implementing and maintaining complex relational databases;
- Development experience with more than one DBMS product (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server);
- Extensive knowledge of/experience with DBMS Job Control Language (JCL), access methods, access time, performance tuning, device allocation, validation checks, organization, security, documentation and statistical methods;
- Extensive experience with maintenance of database dictionaries and overall monitoring of compliance with standards and procedures;
- Extensive experience with system integration through database design;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Candidates must either be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Candidates must have resided in the United States for the past 5 years
- Candidates must not have traveled outside of the United States for a combined total of 6 moths or greater in the past 5 years
- This position requires successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and a credit check.
Education: A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Remote – Candidates must be located within the contiguous United States
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
As a member of the Connected Health software development team, the Senior Data Analyst is responsible for developing curated data models and reporting solutions for the mymobility/ZBEdge platform. This includes responsibility for analyzing, designing.
Who We AreInsurity is a leading property and casualty insurance software and data analytics provider, working with some of the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and MGAs, including 15 of the top 25 P&C carriers in the US. With 1400+ team members globally,.
Work with our technology-driven solutions for property assessment and tax software and mass appraisal services. From data collection to computer-assisted mass appraisal to tax billing and collections, you can help develop property and recording solutions.
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANYAs the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management..
Piper Companies is seeking a Senior Data Scientist – Credit Risk Modeling to join one of the Nation’s Largest Credit Unions for an employment opportunity. The Senior Data Scientist will be working 100% remotely to develop and evaluate models to quantify.
Remote working opportunity for an experienced DB2 Administrator to join IPS and become a key member on our production maintenance and support project. Ideally you will reside in eastern or central time zone locations, however, candidates within the continental.
DescriptionJob Description:3rd Line Oracle DBA (Database Administrator)UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIALAt Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our.
Overview:Credence Management Solutions, LLC (Credence) is seeking a Senior Cloud Database Administrator/Engineer of whom will assist in the technical architecture, development, implementation, and administration of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure DaaS DB.
Senior SQL Server DBA\Developer - Remote, FulltimeAre you a hardcore SQL expert with an intense work ethic? Do you have a drive for exceptional customer service? If so, consider joining IncWorx! Our team of professional consultants deliver solutions.
Clinical Programmer I:Review and apply data mappings for customer specific data exportsPerform peer review / QC of data export programmingProduce data transfers via data export files and/or web servicesWork with customers to specify data transfer standards.
More jobs by this company
We have an exciting opportunity for a Unix Systems Administrator to join our team. As a member of the Unix team, provide operational support to the customer’s on premise and cloud based (AWS and Azure) datacenters and within a 24/7 on-call rotation..
We have an exciting opportunity for a Java Software/API Engineer to join our team. A Java Software/API engineer is needed to work collaboratively with a team dedicated to the modernization of legacy mainframe systems to an API cloud-based system on Amazon.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Programmer Analyst to join our team.Key Responsibilities:Designs, develops, implements, and maintains complex business, accounting, and management information systems.Works on complex assignments.Works with users.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Delivery Automation Engineer to join our team. The Delivery Automation Engineer will work with the customer to set the standards for virtual technologies and create policies/procedures for the operational team to.
We have an exciting opportunity for a SailPoint Architect to join our team.Key Responsibilities:Designs, develops, implements, and maintains complex business, accounting, and management information systems.Works on complex assignments.Works with users.