- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in a production Microsoft SQL Database Administration role.
- Knowledge of the following:
o Shell Scripting Languages - Powershell, Python, YAML, etc.
o Knowledge of system administration concepts related to Microsoft Server, AIX and Red Hat Linux
o Storage related concepts, protocols (ISCSI, NFS, CIFS)
o Oracle database, Teradata, Singlestore or MariaDB database technologies is a plus
o Backup technologies such as SQL Server backups, Veeam, other backup technologies, etc.
o RAID levels and disk technologies
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and be available for after-hours support (7X24 operations).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels and with varying backgrounds.
- Experience in providing responsive and effective customer service.
- Highly motivated to work independently and productively within a virtual environment (i.e. working with remote co-workers using virtual technologies).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and plan work, work on multiple concurrent tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve non-routine problems with little or no guidance.
- Primary responsibility will be upgrading Microsoft SQL databases to SQL 2017 or SQL 2019
- Provide and maintain reliable Microsoft SQL databases to support Client business applications.
- Implement, monitor, upgrade, and administer Client database platforms including performance tuning, backup, restore, install and decommissioning activities
- Manage backup and recovery functions for Client database platforms.
- Perform system administration, performance and storage monitoring.
- Maintain and troubleshoot client server environment to assist with database activities and troubleshooting
- Provide consulting services for work requiring a database environment.
- Maintain and administer operating systems when necessary to support database activities.
- Implement application systems in partnership with Business Unit Support personnel.
- Develop backup/restore procedures.
- Author and maintain policies, standards, and procedures including disaster recovery documentation.
- Investigate and resolve application problems
- Identify and development automation opportunities as it relates to database automation, continuous configuration automation tasks, orchestration/API development, etc.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
As a member of the Connected Health software development team, the Senior Data Analyst is responsible for developing curated data models and reporting solutions for the mymobility/ZBEdge platform. This includes responsibility for analyzing, designing.
Position: DB2 DBALocation: RemoteDuration: Full timeJob Description: DB2 installation on LUW OS platform, configuring HADR databases with TSA cluster,DB2 DB upgrades and applying Fix-Pack,Hands on experience in writing/troubleshooting shell scripts/Perl/python.
Job Title: Database Administrator 4Location: RemoteDuration: 12 MonthsDescription:Responsible for:- Installation and configuration of various Fusion Middleware products in a clustered configuration running on commodity, Exalogic and Private Cloud Appliance.
Hello,Good morning!!This is Sunny Tomar from Emonics LLC. We have fulltime positions for Teradata Performance Engineer location is Austin/ Sunnyvale. If interested, please share your updated resume with contact details.Position : Teradata Performance.
Join the HJF Team!The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing.