Job Title: Linux Engineer
Fully Remote role
- Linux experience
- Ansible Experience
- Active Directory
- Azure Cloud Solutions
- Configuration Management Tool
Python or Bash scripting a huge plus
Experience with ansible tower is a plus
Writing ansible play books is a plus
Puppet experience a plus
About the Team
You will be part of the Technical Solutions team responsible for designing, building, delivering and providing Linux Engineering support for our Linux server environments, as well as: Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, TensorFlow, vRealize, VMware, Azure, GCP and Oracle cloud. Our job is to ensure that every customer has the best experience possible utilizing the Linux solutions we provide.
As a Senior Linux Engineer, you will be responsible for deploying the multi-year strategy for all of Williams-Sonoma's Linux infrastructure that supports our corporate and retail locations worldwide. You will work with other engineers to deliver performance and service standards from your internal customer's requirements. Using your technical experience, you will deploy to standards, automate service delivery, complete capacity planning and demonstrate efficient and effective use of the Linux environment.
Design and support data networks for WSI data centers, corporate facilities, retail stores, distribution centers, call centers, and eCommerce environment. Design, develop, implement, and support network solutions for IT projects.
- Develop and Implement the technical standards for Linux OS running RHEL and CentOS.
- Kernel tuning
- Implement capacity planning for Linux REPOs and support tools for Linux, (ie, Puppet, GitHub, Satellite, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, TensorFlow, Jenkins)
- Work with the architects to evaluate new technologies and perform POCs (Proof of Concept labs) to extend the multi-year roadmap and set overall technical direction for our infrastructure team
- Gather, analyze and drive project requirements, design and implement Linux infrastructure components
- Work closely with Level2 team(s) and help define their workflow and runbooks
- Have the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with our people to get things done
- Grow and develop your team's technical capabilities, manage individual's priorities and tasks.
- Publish Build-To and review the As-Built documentation for current and new server related design deployments
- Provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- 7+ years of a managing Linux Operating Systems in an enterprise environment
- Fundamental understanding of deploying and supporting Linux servers in a highly available and fault tolerant enterprise level environment.
- Delivery of fully integrated, automated, and highly available Linux provisioning process with enterprise level tools and technologies
- You have a deep and wide understanding of Linux Operating Systems, Virtualization platforms, Cloud Computing, Configuration Management tools (example: Puppet, TensorFlow, Ansible) and strong familiarity with Oracle and/or SQL databases, VMWare and/or HyperV
- You have a firm grasp of scripting techniques including Linux scripting language, Python, ksh, bash, shell scripting is highly desired
- You have strong working knowledge of security best practices for implementing highly secure Linux solutions
- Ideally, you have experience deploying and maintaining a Satellite patch solution and experience configuring and managing AD SPN objects on Linux servers using keytab files
- You have experience with configuration, administration and performance troubleshooting experience for Linux OS, apache/tomcat, and database servers running on Linux.
- You have hands-on experience on Puppet, Satellite, REPOs, and Linux automation
- You have knowledge of Server hardening, system monitoring, performance tuning and process mapping
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $78,119.05 - $167,779.57 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
- What is your visa status / work authorisation and can you work on w2?
- Linux: 5 years (Preferred)
- Ansible: 4 years (Preferred)
- Active Directory: 4 years (Preferred)
- Azure: 4 years (Preferred)
- Configuration managemen Tools: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Speak with the employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
As a member of the Connected Health software development team, the Senior Data Analyst is responsible for developing curated data models and reporting solutions for the mymobility/ZBEdge platform. This includes responsibility for analyzing, designing.
Set Solutions is working exclusively with a client in need of a full time (direct hire) Sr. Remote Azure Cloud Architect.Overview:The candidate must have mastery level knowledge of Azure PaaS and how to configure and deploy PaaS technologies in a standardized,.
CPSI is currently seeking a Senior Azure DevOps Engineer. The role is varied in scope, technology and can entail the development of innovative solutions in the cloud, delivering cloud migration projects, and supporting development teams with DevOps technologies.
Technical Support EngineerDo you have a passion for solving complex, technical issues for customers? Are you customer and result-oriented and a good communicator? Do you have extensive knowledge of the hosting and data center landscape? Are you persuasive,.
Senior Project ManagerWe are a leading solutions provider of Microsoft ERP solutions for the Enterprise Construction market. SIS has immediate openings for Dynamics 365 FO Senior Project Managers. We currently have a significant pipeline of new business..