We are currently offering a $5,000 signing bonus to all Engineer hires.
Do you love solving complex operational problems with code? Do you have a passion for automating repetitive tasks and eliminating toil?
Grant Street Group is seeking an enthusiastic and collaborative Site Reliability Engineer who is passionate about technology and service and is eager to use and grow their technological skills on a nationwide stage.
A Grant Street Group Site Reliability Engineer is a highly trained specialist who combines their veteran software development abilities, expert troubleshooting skills, and breadth of knowledge to solve our most challenging operational issues. The SRE team is responsible for designing and operating the tools to make building, shipping, and running code in production easy and safe.
At Grant Street Group, we depend on our Site Reliability Engineering team to ensure our products and services perform flawlessly at scale in production. In this role, the successful individual will proactively identify and remediate production risks, build solutions, streamline our ability to launch new services and products, and assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
You will be an integral part of our Site Reliability Engineering team and be given challenging assignments and opportunities to lead initiatives and projects.
Expect an exciting, cutting edge and challenging environment where you can automate your way to more responsibilities.
You will have the opportunity to
- Take a software developers approach to solving operational problems
- Design new solutions to the challenges of scaling our environment
- Build and improve the process and tooling we use to take code from concept through being deployed and in use in production.
- Proactively test our reliability assumptions through chaos engineering, and help ensure we know exactly how a service will behave in potential outage scenarios.
- Conduct technical research on recurring issues and problems and present solutions to the team
- Write and maintain custom scripts and make use of other automations to increase team and company productivity
- Work with our security team to ensure compliance with security policies and best practices
- Be on the front-lines of resolving production impacting events.
What makes you a good fit? You should have:
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 2+ years in an operations role using Linux
- Good command of SQL
- Experience working with a wide range of diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills, and a keen attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation in a team-based, collaborative environment
Here are some of the tools we use. Experience with any of them is helpful:
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc),
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ
- Etcd, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache
- Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, and Nagios
- Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
Why consider Grant Street Group as part of your future?
Our extraordinary company culture is the foundation of our unmatched customer service — just ask our clients! We constantly try to find ways to provide employees with a positive work experience, including our new flexible hours pilot program, which allows experienced Site Reliability Engineers to choose either a 4×10-hour day or the more traditional 5×8-hour day. We reward teamwork, professional excellence, and individual responsibility. Using the best collaboration tools available, we offer a technology-rich work environment that makes it possible for us to support on-site and telecommuting positions tailored to the needs of our employees. If you are passionate about your work, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you want to be on a team of exceptional professionals, then maybe Grant Street is for you!
If this sounds like something you would enjoy, then let’s start a dialogue about your long-term goals and ours. Begin by submitting your resume through either our website or this link and let’s start getting to know each other! Please note that Grant Street may not consider your application if you have previously submitted an application for this role within the last 12 months. We thank you for your understanding.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
As a member of the Connected Health software development team, the Senior Data Analyst is responsible for developing curated data models and reporting solutions for the mymobility/ZBEdge platform. This includes responsibility for analyzing, designing.
InnoWave is looking for a OPS/DevOps Consultant to join our nearshore team in Lisbon, supporting our telecommunications client, based in Brussels.This person will work with developers and other stakeholders to facilitate better coordination among operations,.
Duration: 11+ MonthsJob Description:Provide regular updates & guidance to leadership team regarding status, risks etc. on time.Deep dive into the solution / development / review (including hands on) to take care of key modules as required.Ability to.
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to.
Technical Support EngineerDo you have a passion for solving complex, technical issues for customers? Are you customer and result-oriented and a good communicator? Do you have extensive knowledge of the hosting and data center landscape? Are you persuasive,.
More jobs by this company
Are you passionate about learning? Does the prospect of working on security, scripting, and automation sound like your dream job? If so, you may be the perfect fit for Grant Street Group!Grant Street Group is a growing company providing SaaS in fields.
We are currently offering a $5,000 signing bonus to all Developer hires.Have you recently begun your software development career and are eager to gain more experience? If so, Grant Street Group may be for you.We have been hiring great Perl developers.
The first 90% of a data conversion is simple, but the remaining 10% is where the fun starts. That’s where you get to exercise your problem-solving skills. If the following describes you, you’re a perfect fit for the data conversion analyst role at Grant.
We are currently offering a $5,000 signing bonus to all Developer hires.Grant Street Group is looking for experienced developers who want to continue their careers with us.We are looking for talented people who:Have 3-5 years of experience in full time.