Collaborative discovery is at the heart of the learning experience. With more than two decades helping people learn and grow together, Promethean is a true partner for educators, innovators, and business leaders. Our award-winning interactive displays and lesson delivery solutions transform learning and workspaces into creative, connected environments to foster collective success.
At the heart of Promethean is a team of education strategists, designers, and technologists that is dedicated to inspiring engagement and empowering teachers and students around the world. Our goal is to make education technology commonplace in all learning environments, and we strive every day to develop intuitive solutions that speed learning, insights, and creativity.
The Promethean team spans the globe and our work impacts the lives of millions of teachers and students. We stand by our solutions and our employees, offering highly competitive benefits and compensation, as well as providing a work-life balance that lifts and sustains us as we navigate a new future.
We are #TeamPromethean. Join us.
Promethean’s IT team provides solutions to our worldwide workforce that enable them to do the important work of transforming students and teachers lives. We respond to needs, solve problems, provide answers, and continuously stay at the top of our game. We hire professionals who are exceptionally capable, and that is our promise to our clients.
About This Role...
As the Enterprise Data Architect on the Data Services team, you are a senior dreamer who translates enterprise business requirements into data requirements and defines data standards and principles. The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for visualizing and designing an organization's enterprise data management framework, which describes the processes used to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data. The Enterprise Data Architect also provides a standard common business vocabulary, expresses strategic requirements, outlines high-level integrated designs to meet those requirements, and aligns with enterprise strategy and related business architecture. You will use your expertise to collaborate and influence changes to not only ensure data is well architected but ensure the organization is able to derive valuable insights from its data assets. You are a self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced company where requirements and data needs are constantly evolving. Promethean is a global company, and you may need to be flexible in your work schedule to accommodate data needs coming from different time zones.
As an Enterprise Data Architect, you will:
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Define Promethean's data architecture across enterprise business domains, applying enterprise architecture patterns and practices.
- Lead data discovery sessions with business teams, comprising process owners, product owners, business analysts, and technologists to elicit and evaluate enterprise data requirements.
- Document the canonical enterprise data model. Create detailed logical models identifying all the entities, attributes and relationships, and the characteristics associated with each.
- Develop a roadmap for enterprise data improvement. Partner with business owners, analysts, and data engineers to identify data mappings, requirements, and gaps. Gain support and endorsement for the data roadmap from a broad coalition of collaborators.
- Contribute to Promethean's enterprise architecture roadmap, advising on data requirements and gaps to be addressed.
- Contribute to data and technology projects, to maintain alignment with the enterprise data roadmap. Advocate for improvements to enterprise data on behalf of roadmap partners.
- Advise customers on business practices for optimizing data management and reporting.
- Document enterprise data models in a centralized location that is highly visible to partners.
- Illustrate business and data processes using distilled entity relationship diagrams. Communicate sophisticated topics with clarity.
- Architect data lakes, operational data stores, data stores, data marts, presentation layers and reporting layers. Support review, sign-off, and adoption of data models in collaboration with global business and technology partners.
- Collaborate with data owners, application owners, information security and data privacy leaders to develop data infrastructure addressing security, privacy, and reliability concerns.
- Empower a culture of data openness and transparency. Cultivate practices of data sharing and collaboration. Encourage data exploration and discovery.
- Be comfortable in the role of mentor both within and across the organization to help drive the organization towards an insight driven culture
- 15+ years of experience in roles encompassing data analysis, data modeling, data integration, master and metadata management. 5+ years of direct experience in enterprise data architecture.
- Expert in Enterprise Architecture Standards and integration design patterns. Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks. Certifications a plus (e.g. TOGAF, CDMP).
- Experience identifying business subject areas and providing a taxonomy of data domains across enterprise subject areas.
- Experience with Master Data Management and Business Glossary implementation frameworks.
- Prior experience in starting up or enhancing Data Governance, Master Data Management teams
- Experience with a breadth of business domains, including Sales, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Customer Excellence, People, Product.
- Hands-on experience in large-scale enterprise data warehousing projects.
- Extensive hands-on experience in design of data stores, data warehousing, ETL, data modeling.
- Excellent SQL and strong hands-on scripting ability.
- Expert in business intelligence tools (such as Cognos, Power BI, Tableau, Einstein Analytics).
- Cross-organizational Influence: Builds inclusive, cohesive relationships across organizations. Capably delivers results through others as a cross-organizational influencer. Works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs. Good at establishing clear direction, and helping others achieve their best work.
- Critical thinking: identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision.
- Experience creating and revising architecture by applying systems level thinking/models.
- Demonstrated ability to hold themselves and others accountable to commitments and time frames.
- Consistently achieves results, demonstrating dedication, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
We take our work seriously because it has impact! We empower students worldwide to learn. We are driven to continuously innovate and develop educational technology that inspires students to unleash their potential. We believe in the power of education to change the world and come to work each day with our sleeves rolled up ready to make a difference! However, we also appreciate that life isn't just about work. We are a small company with big rewards and understand that you also need time to unwind. Join a company where you can be your best self, work on challenging problems, and have some fun along the way; join Promethean.
Please contact email@example.com if you have an accessibility request at any point during the hiring process.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for an IT Manager, Data for a leading pharmaceutical organization based in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the IT Manager, Data:You will lead developers, data engineers, DevOps, BA’s,.
Get To Know Us!GuideWell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life.
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage.
Overview:The Software Implementation Specialist/Client Executive is part of the Professional Service team at Origami Risk. You will be a hands-on generalist focused on leading both technical and functional aspects of the full software implementation.
Overview:The Senior Database Architect must have experience creating work breakdown structures and development of program schedules and assigning software development team personnel to tasks. Must have experience in the tracking resources and expenditures.
Cloud for Good, the Nonprofit and Higher Education Partner of the Year for Salesforce, is seeking Data Practice Lead to manage large data migration projects with nonprofit organizations and educational institutions. This role is responsible for driving.
BHS optimizes organizational performance by empowering individuals to achieve their fullest potential. For over 38 years, BHS has provided comprehensive well-being solutions to thousands of corporations, agencies, institutions, associations, and organizations.
Piper Companies is looking for a Pharma Business Analyst for a client of ours that is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with biopharmaceutical companies to make medicine and specialty therapies safer and more accessible.
The Identity Business Analyst (IBA) will be tasked with working with all Identity Governance customers todesign an Identity Governance solution that incorporates sound architectural principles, industrystandards and best practices, and recent product.
Contract W2, Contract Corp-To-Corp, 12 MonthsDepends on ExperienceWork from home available Travel not requiredJob DescriptionTitle: Data Architect/ Data ModelerDuration: 12+ MonthsLocation: Remote JobSpruce Technology is a mid-size and rapidly-growing.