Travel Required: Less than 10%
Public Trust: Other
Requisition Type: Regular
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges for our clients. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Technical Lead joining our team to support the City of Indianapolis.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Developer supporting the NY Higher Education Services Corporation, you will be trusted to support a mission-critical Financial Aid Services Modernization program. This position works under the general guidance of the Project Director, and is a fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment, and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Perform all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Analyze user/business needs and functionality to plan and design software systems to meet those needs
- Create a variety of models and diagrams that show programmers the software code needed for an application
- Perform software updates, refinement, testing, and debugging to meet business needs
- Prepare reports on software project specifications, activities, or status
- Document the software or system for future maintenance and updates
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BA/BS or equivalent, 2+ years of experience
- Configuring Workflows and Business rules using low code platforms
- Building browser-based applications that conform to Section 508 compliance
- Integration using Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interfaces
- Prior experience with containerization and associated toolsets
- Prior experience with relational databases, preferably Oracle and/or DB2
- Prior experience in agile development environments
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Ruby on Rails
- jQuery, React
- Redis, Resque
- Devops and AWS
- RESTful APIs
- Handle demanding situations with clarity, focus and professionalism, and to respond quickly to quick turnaround taskers.
- Resolve issues with little oversight; ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics to management and other stakeholders
- Use their interpersonal skills to collaborate with customers and internal cross-functional teams
- Work independently, as well as interact regularly with government and non-government stakeholders at multiple levels of authority
- Use excellent analytical skills, including the ability to integrate information from multiple sources
- Are self-motivated, well-organized, and exhibit strict attention to detail
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Understand and manage customer expectations and software implementation methodology
- Prioritize and work on multiple projects at the same time, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
The likely salary range for this position is $80,000 - $120,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About UsMaharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more.
Job Description:This position is Remote. Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and the candidate's ability to work from an approved work location. Although the location is flexible, AEP does not have a presence in all states and.
ResponsibilitiesProvide clinical data management support to clinical development franchise(s) and related Clinical Operations team and/or study project, Safety, Clinical Management team and Biostatistics.Participate in the review of clinical research.
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.