An Applications Engineer creates the user interface for an app, website, or other interactive media. Their work includes collaborating with customers, product managers and engineers as part of a team to gather requirements before designing ideas that can be communicated using storyboards, process flows or sitemaps. An Applications Engineer is expected to be proficient in core software development principles and methodologies. They must be able to assist in breaking requirements down into modules and functions that are consistent with the established enterprise architecture. Applications Engineer is also able to quickly identify and resolve application issues and make recommendations to improve performance and reliability.
- Gather and assist in evaluating user requirements in collaboration with customers, product managers and engineers
- Review requirements and assist in developing accurate estimates.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes, Create user personas to help understand user requirements and expectations for improving UX
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Develop well-structured code with appropriate documentation
- Assist in testing developed code to minimize any discrepancies
- Remain abreast of new developments in core technologies
- Generate and maintain project documents using appropriate team tools. Ensures tickets are updated in a timely manner.
- Follows established UI/UX and software coding standards
- Support the Software Development plan (e.g. SAFe)
- Effectively communicates with customers and other team members
- Takes ownership of system and software to ensure minimal defects
- Proactively recommends alternative processes, technologies or implementations to improve system performance or reduce time and cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- Demonstrated experience developing user interface applications in Java or other modern programming language
- Demonstrated experience using HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Font Awesome, and Sass
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- 4 - 6 years of experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, Sql Server, Postgres, MySQL
- Demonstrated understanding of BI tools such as OBIEE, Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, etc.
- 1+ years working in Agile SAFe or Agile
- Security+ qualification
- Current DoN Cyber Workforce Qualification
- Active DoD SECRET Security Clearance
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for an IT Manager, Data for a leading pharmaceutical organization based in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the IT Manager, Data:You will lead developers, data engineers, DevOps, BA’s,.
Get To Know Us!GuideWell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life.
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage.
Overview:The Software Implementation Specialist/Client Executive is part of the Professional Service team at Origami Risk. You will be a hands-on generalist focused on leading both technical and functional aspects of the full software implementation.
Overview:The Senior Database Architect must have experience creating work breakdown structures and development of program schedules and assigning software development team personnel to tasks. Must have experience in the tracking resources and expenditures.
More jobs by this company
DT Professional Services is seeking a full-time, Senior Software Developer- Full Stack Developer. This position is 100% remote with occasional travel to Indiana possible.Job Summary:Analyze business and technical tasksParticipate in a team of developers.
Job Summary:A Cloud Engineer - AWS works with our engineering teams to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud-based solutions. The Cloud Engineer - AWS is responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating.
Job Summary:DT Professionals is currently seeking an IT Systems Solution Architect-Senior to support a Department of Defense (DoD) client located in the Huntsville, AL area. The client provides operations and maintenance support to DoD software applications.
Job Summary:Seeking an Application Systems Analyst to support our Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) program. Specifically, work with the customer to analyze the data warehouse and assist in the design of data visualization tools. Functions will include,.
Job Summary:DT Professional Services is currently seeking a Systems Administrator supporting the company’s location in Chesapeake, VA. The Systems Administrator is responsible for Network and Systems infrastructure in support of the company with its.