What you’ll be doing:
- This is a hands-on coding position. In this role, you will primarily be writing code to manipulate sensitive health claims data.
- We will look to your expertise to help us process and utilize this data in novel ways.
- You will work with our other engineers, analysts, and data scientists to improve our overall data-processing architecture.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to extend data processes to support business needs.
- Develop reusable frameworks and processes for serving the entire industry.
What we’re looking for:
- Proficient in at least one programming language, ideally Java and/or Ruby. You should be comfortable designing and coding complex systems independently.
- Comfortable working with PostgreSQL. You should be proficient with SQL and/or a popular ORM.
- Experienced at building secure REST APIs. You should be knowledgeable about API design topics, as well as the important details to manage during implementation.
- Some familiarity with AWS (in particular at least RDS and Lambda).
- Tableau experience is beneficial but not required.
- Solution-oriented curiosity, creativity, and persistence. Our clients bring us their challenges and we bring our collective knowledge to bear to identify solutions that will work in a changing industry. Do you derive immense satisfaction from synthesizing information and ideas to craft new solutions to problems you’re presented with? Do unresolved issues both frustrate and motivate you?
- Personal discipline, time management, and technology skills to work remotely as part of a fast-paced, interconnected team. Are you a natural goal-setter and enjoy just putting your head down and making things happen?
- Excellence in interpersonal communications and relationship building. Are you someone that people want to talk to on the regular?
- Gain energy from being in the midst of uncertainty in early-stage companies and the opportunity that comes with it. Does flexing to help cover a variety of roles as needed sound like a grand adventure?
- Strong, personal commitment to transforming our health care system so it works better for everyone. What is your personal story (fire in the belly) for fixing the health care system?
Measures of success:
- Success at independently shipping data pipeline updates.
- Design and implementation of data pipeline monitoring.
- Successful collaboration with other developers to ship REST APIs to expose sensitive data internally.
- Thoughtful contributions to overall data strategy.
- 5+ years’ experience as a professional software engineer using Java or Ruby.
- 5+ years’ experience using PostgreSQL or another relational database.
- 2+ years’ experience with AWS.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- US citizen or permanent resident.
- $100,000 - $120,000 annual salary depending on experience and ability.
- 20% bonus potential based on achievement of corporate objectives.
Health benefits available
- Premiums 75% covered by Health Rosetta.
- Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will prioritize applications where the cover letter includes 2-5 sentence answers to each of the “What we’re looking for” questions.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds including BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) folks, people who are LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply and join us in our work.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for an IT Manager, Data for a leading pharmaceutical organization based in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the IT Manager, Data:You will lead developers, data engineers, DevOps, BA’s,.
Get To Know Us!GuideWell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life.
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage.
Overview:The Software Implementation Specialist/Client Executive is part of the Professional Service team at Origami Risk. You will be a hands-on generalist focused on leading both technical and functional aspects of the full software implementation.
Overview:The Senior Database Architect must have experience creating work breakdown structures and development of program schedules and assigning software development team personnel to tasks. Must have experience in the tracking resources and expenditures.