Please make sure to attach your resume to complete your application.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Data and Reporting to lead the utilization and governance of data across the organization. The right person for this new position will be passionate about delivering user-centered high-quality products, has spent time turning ideas into solutions, and will have the management experience needed to lead a team of data analysts and engineers in support of the ASPCA’s goals. As part of the Product, Data, and Reporting leadership team, this person will own and drive the vision of our enterprise data strategy through the creation and optimization of processes, frameworks, and tools that improve data reliability, efficiency, quality, accessibility and value.
The Senior Director, Data and Reporting will be able to identify the right resources to the task at hand, foresee and plan around obstacles, proactively implement improvements, and stay well-informed of cutting-edge technology. They will understand the business strategy as well as how to use data to drive the business in the desired direction using a process-oriented, automated, and collaborative approach to designing, implementing, and managing data workflows and a distributed data architecture. The individual will have a consistent record for taking disparate data and systems and creating unified results and actionable insights. This role will require the ability to bridge teams, capabilities, processes, and technology to develop integrated and actionable metrics. The ideal candidate will have solid interpersonal skills, be a great teammate, and have a desire to support the ASPCA in achieving our mission of ending cruelty to animals.
In this position, you will never be bored! The ASPCA supports a broad portfolio of technologies to support a highly mobile and diverse staff. Maintaining a presence in multiple geographic locations, the team provides support (hands-on and remote) to over a dozen facilities and field operations, and over a thousand individual staff members. Your work will be integral to the organization as you work across departments and organizations to ensure ASPCA staff, partners and communities have the systems needed to work effectively and efficiently to improve animal welfare.
This remote-based position (which requires travel, as described below) is open to all candidates based within the United States.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Lead and Develop Team (30%)
- Build and coach a resilient and cohesive team of data analysts, data engineers and business intelligence specialists responsible for enterprise data, reporting and analytics strategy, implementation, and support; imbue team with a good understanding of the ASPCA’s mission, teams, and priorities
- Ensure efforts of the team are aligned to the most significant outcomes; continually assess and redirect team efforts for maximum impact
- Be responsible for the team’s day-to-day activities to ensure project plans and delivery commitments are met
- Maintain, evaluate, and improve team performance metrics
- Work with team members to identify professional areas for growth and provide mentoring, coaching, training and cross-training opportunities
- Perform people management tasks, such as check-ins, goal setting, approving schedule requests, interviewing candidates for open positions, etc.
Oversee Enterprise Data and Reporting Implementation (50%)
- Facilitate an enterprise-wide data governance framework and governing body
- Lead and handle data and business intelligence initiatives towards a centralized data and reporting framework and architecture, and establish and govern a relevant roadmap
- Lead the effort to define cross-discipline data roles and responsibilities, and formalize consistent touchpoints
- Lead the development of the data management and business intelligence processes, being responsible for data collection and evolving data standards, ingestion, staging, ETL/ELT, reporting, and dashboarding
- Work with the Head of Product, Data, and Reporting Solutions to drive data transformation through innovative and highly strategic decisions and investments in data management and business intelligence
- Advise and guide the efforts to make commonly required data sets readily available within central data management and BI platforms
- Advance data and analytics maturity using new and emerging technologies such as data science, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), to support rapid data-discovery, experimentation and hypothesis validation
- Create a data management system that facilitates the secure collection and processing of data
Strategy and Process (20%)
- In conjunction with IT Management and the Product, Data, and Reporting leadership team, maintain and promote enterprise data and information strategy
- In conjunction with IT Management and the Product, Data, and Reporting leadership team, foster a data-driven culture within the organization
- In conjunction with IT Management and the Product, Data, and Reporting leadership team, prioritize and handle efforts related to data initiatives that fall under the product team portfolio. This includes evaluation of new requests, enhancement projects, large scale development projects, and post-release continuation efforts
- Partner with the Product, Data, and Reporting Solutions leadership team to ensure information flow in teams is appropriate to facilitate workflow, reduce redundancy and deliver high-quality solutions
- Partner with the Product, Data and Reporting leadership team to ensure that vital information for internal and external reporting is available, current and accurate, and that tools for business analytics and reporting meet expectations
- In collaboration with the Product, Data, and Reporting Solutions leadership team, define and enforce standard processes, practices, and tools for the DevOps lifecycle to provide continuous delivery with high software quality
- Make recommendations and strategic decisions on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts and stay informed of new technology releases and enhancements to advise product strategies
- Lead work with external resources, as needed, to supplement development efforts and provide consistent support
- Able to help create connections between people, ideas and plans
- Can be depended on to accept accountability for and effectively implement responsibilities
- Gathers sufficient information to make a decision, and acts swiftly to choose or propose a course of action
- Uses internal resources effectively (including financial, people, technology, communications)
- Finds and applies efficiencies to the current way of doing things
- Seeks to understand others’ perspectives and willingly comes together with others to achieve collective goals
- Presents information, ideas and concepts clearly in oral and written form
- Considers impact of decisions on co-workers or external partners and their work
- Displays courage and determination in the face of challenges and inspires others to do the same
- Experiments with and implements creative approaches that propel and expand upon our work
- Supports the development of others within and across teams by proactively sharing advice and knowledge
- Gives and invites feedback, and seeks opportunities for improvement
- Forges deliberate bonds across organizations
- Cultivates a climate in which individual differences and perspectives are valued, encouraged, and supported
- Able to develop and align IT capabilities with an evolving mission-focused model
- Able to plan and organize effectively, including managing multiple staff members addressing multiple priorities
- Able to understand business impact and manage priorities and due dates accordingly
- Able to analyze trends and patterns in issues, and direct mitigation strategies
- Able to quickly learn and support new technologies
- Able to effectively present ideas and concepts
- Able to manage relationships with vendors, partners and user groups both internal and external
Exemplifies the ASPCA’s Core Values:
- Has Commitment and dedication to improving the lives of animals
- Demonstrates Ownership and feels responsible for outcomes
- Believes in Team – that we are stronger together
- Seeks to Elevate others and reimagine what is possible
- Focuses on Impact, specifically making change for animals
- Must be available for off-hours support of critical applications
- Some travel to ASPCA locations and training sites (about 5% annually) may be required (Please note, travel requirements may be modified temporarily due in part to COVID-19; this remains a requirement of the position, and we expect normal travel volume to resume as the organization resumes normal operations)
- Considerable knowledge of software development life-cycle methodologies, SaaS, and IT best practices
- Advanced knowledge in data architecture and data flow best practices, processes, and tools
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases, data warehousing, data formats, data modeling, and data standards
- Advanced knowledge of modern reporting and data visualization tools, like Domo, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Power BI
- Basic understanding of SQL and other programming languages (like Python or Java) a plus
- Knowledge of working with and leading 3rd party vendors to deliver a managed service in the data and analytics domain
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- 5 years’ experience leading a data and Business Intelligence function and
- Experience as a people manager of a data team (including analysts, engineers, scientists, etc.) required
- Experience selecting and implementing data and Business Intelligence solutions (like Microsoft BI and a Master Data Management (MDM) solution) required
- Experience implementing a data governance framework required, experience implementing one across a complex, cross-functional organization preferred
- Experience applying data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning solutions required
- Experience working at a non-profit organization preferred
- Experience leading, advocating, and successfully implementing a data strategy from the ground-up strongly preferred
Qualifications:See above for qualifications details.
Education and Work Experience:High School Diploma (Required)
The ASPCA strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all ASPCA employees, including new hires, except where prohibited by applicable state or local law. The ASPCA makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs that prohibit a person from being vaccinated.
Our EEO Policy:
The ASPCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ASPCA’s standard application process, which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the ASPCA. Please inform the ASPCA’s People Team if you need an accommodation in order to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
ASPCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Please don’t forget to attach your resume to complete your application.
The ASPCA was founded in 1866 on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment by humans and must be protected under the law. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation with more than two million supporters nationwide, the ASPCA is committed to preventing cruelty to dogs, cats, equines, and farm animals throughout the United States.
The ASPCA is headquartered in New York City, where we maintain a full-service animal hospital, spay/neuter clinic, mobile spay/neuter and primary pet care clinics, a rehabilitation center for canine victims of cruelty, kitten nursery, adoption center, and two community veterinary centers.
The ASPCA also operates programs and services that extend nationwide. We assist animals in need through on-the-ground disaster and cruelty interventions, behavioral rehabilitation, animal placement, legal and legislative advocacy, and the advancement of the sheltering and veterinary community through research, training, and resources.
At the ASPCA, we are committed to fostering a collaborative and compassionate culture and we welcome all voices to contribute to our lifesaving mission. Our staff represent a vast array of backgrounds and diversity dimensions, bringing with them valuable experiences and perspectives. They join the ASPCA to learn, grow, and continually do their best work on behalf of animals. We are inspired by our staff, partners, and the communities we support across the country who work to improve animal lives. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion at the ASPCA because it elevates our organizational culture, aligns with our Core Values, and enables us to move further and faster toward the ASPCA’s vision – that all animals live good lives; valued by society, protected by its laws, and free from cruelty, pain and suffering.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for an IT Manager, Data for a leading pharmaceutical organization based in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the IT Manager, Data:You will lead developers, data engineers, DevOps, BA’s,.
Get To Know Us!GuideWell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life.
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage.
Overview:The Software Implementation Specialist/Client Executive is part of the Professional Service team at Origami Risk. You will be a hands-on generalist focused on leading both technical and functional aspects of the full software implementation.
Overview:The Senior Database Architect must have experience creating work breakdown structures and development of program schedules and assigning software development team personnel to tasks. Must have experience in the tracking resources and expenditures.
Data AnalystWe are Yay Lunch, a new business concept with the mission to empower local communities by connecting people to real food, made fresh daily. Today, we are providing a meal solution that improves food quality AND access where kids learn and.
Title : Data Architect - Oracle Cloud Location: RemoteDuration: Full TimeSalary : $150k+ Benefits10-12 years of overall experience with at least 3 years of experience in Oracle Cloud environment.Must have is Data Architecture + data lake + OCI (Oracle.
Seeking a seasoned Linux System Administrator with strong knowledge of IBM Sterling creating plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and or networks. We are looking for someone who has extensive knowledge of a wide.
Role : Python DeveloperEmployment : W2 Location : Irvine,CAResponsibilitiesWork with development team and other department leads to outline scopes of and design new toolsetsCreate intelligible plans for how tools will be implemented, including documentation.
Remote, United StatesData Science and EngineeringNetflix is enjoyed by more than 200 million members around the globe, entertaining new audiences every day. We use data to power almost every decision in our mission to entertain the world. Our members.
More jobs by this company
Please make sure to attach your resume to complete your application.Summary:The Membership Marketing & Content Strategy’s (MMCS) content team is responsible for strategizing, producing and updating content for the ASPCA's public-facing channels, including.
Please make sure to attach your resume to complete your application.Summary:The ASPCA is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and highly-organized individual with strong interpersonal skills to provide administrative support to the Legal Advocacy.