Mediavine is seeking a Support Engineer to join our Support team. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
The Support Engineer will assist in supporting our publishers and work with our engineering team to launch new products. We are looking for someone with the ability to develop skills of a junior level developer to assist our support team in triaging bugs, onboarding new sites, and solving technical problems for our publishers, but this will be a support role and in addition to technical responsibilities you'll also be directly interfacing with customers.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable explaining technical issues in non-technical ways as well as the ability to provide excellent service throughout stressful situations. Since this role will be working with publishers who may be dealing with difficult issues, we expect this person to be able to empathize with our publishers and help de-escalate situations.
The Support Department works a core schedule (Monday - Friday) in order to accommodate our clients. While remote, working hours are structured to ensure coverage. Some weekends are required. There is some flexibility in your schedule but it must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
As a perk here at Mediavine we also get together in person for a department-wide retreat as well as a company All Hands retreat each year. These travel opportunities are company-paid and planned in advance to enable maximum participation. All company-paid travel must follow Mediavine’s policy for optional employee travel.
- Troubleshoot and resolve support tickets from publishers
- Assist in educating publishers on technical concepts
- Explaining technical issues in non-technical ways
- Provide basic tweaks to publisher blogs
- Work with the support team to triage different technical problems
- Work with the development team on plugin rollouts
- Work with experienced engineers in diagnosing bugs and troubleshooting new features
- Move new publishers through the launch process from contracts to live ads on site
- Log into sites to assess bugs with our products or verify that a given bug is unrelated to our products
- Expand your knowledge of our products through both training and practical experience
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred but not required
- Proven self-taught and/or on the job technical experience
- 2+ years experience in a customer support role, preferred but not required
- Basic experience and familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Ability to collaborate well and work together remotely; keeping in touch when co-working on projects
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to empathize with publishers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for writing swift and accurate responses
- Ability to process feedback and process changes quickly and with a positive attitude
- Proven perseverance when resolving customer requests
- A passion for learning, sharing knowledge and commitment to ongoing performance progress
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and are a dependable team player
- Strong attention to detail, taking your time to do things right the first time
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple things at once, ability to shift gears to take on new responsibilities, which can sometimes involve researching to become a subject matter expert
- A willingness to ask questions with the goal of retained training and broadening your understanding
Nice to Have:
- Experience using DevTools for site inspections, assessments and debugging
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Slack, Intercom, GSuite, Trello, Github
- Previous experience in SaaS Tech support
- Experience with transactional databases (SQL, mySQL, etc.)
- Technical experience within the Wordpress platform is preferred
- Experience working a bug lifecycle from identification to notification of a fix to end users
- Familiarity with other Content Management Systems (Blogger, SquareSpace, etc.)
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About UsMaharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more.
Job Description:This position is Remote. Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and the candidate's ability to work from an approved work location. Although the location is flexible, AEP does not have a presence in all states and.
ResponsibilitiesProvide clinical data management support to clinical development franchise(s) and related Clinical Operations team and/or study project, Safety, Clinical Management team and Biostatistics.Participate in the review of clinical research.
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.