Vretta is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data and Evaluation team. This position requires excellent communication skills, creative problem-solving ability, and a sound technical ability to be able to understand requirements, develop technological solutions for data analysis, collaborate with the data engineering and development team, and maintain processes that support student learning and assessment. As a member of the Data and Evaluation team at Vretta, the Data Engineer must have the attitude and energy to innovate and build solutions that support student success.
- Validate technical requirements and communicate implementation strategies
- Develop APIs in collaboration with Instructional Designers, Data Engineers, and other members of the development and technical team to deliver projects.
- Document APIs, especially in relation to the underlying data model.
- Use existing code components to implement new projects
- Maintain and modify existing APIs.
- Debug, test, and deploy software implementations.
- Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Ensure work progress to schedule and keep (internal) customers informed of project progress.
- Stay current with relevant research, techniques, technology, and other factors impacting the job.
- At least two years of experience in software development.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Experience with REST APIs
- Strong experience writing & understanding complex SQL queries
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
Experience with any of the following is an asset
- MySQL, MariaDB
- Linear Optimization
- Statistical Techniques
- Data modeling
- Automated testing
Vretta is a multi-award-winning organization that delivers assessment and learning experiences that support student success at the primary, secondary, and post-secondary educational levels.
With over a decade of research and dedication to understanding how students succeed by interacting with rich and engaging technology-enhanced assessments, Vretta specializes in the innovative use of assessments to provide greater equity and strengthen students' skills. We focus on modernizing assessment and learning solutions through creative design, backed by psychometric precision, delivering reliable, flexible, and equitable learning and assessment experiences for students, educators, and administrators.
We look forward to hearing from you, but please note that due to the volume of applications that we usually receive for our job positions, only those shortlisted for the next steps will be contacted. Vretta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
To stay in touch with Vretta and keep up-to-date on all open opportunities, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- full-time work: 2 years (Preferred)
- data engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Primary location: Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-Time Travel: 10% Non-compete: Yes Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United StatesWe're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our.
Headquarters: United States URL: https://strong.ioStrong Analytics is seeking Software Engineers to help design and develop machine-learning based applications for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500s. Engineers are core contributors at Strong,.