Position: Technical Application Developer
Location: Los Angeles, CA (remote)
Duration: 2 years
- The client's Information Technology Services organization is seeking a Senior Application Developer with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join our team.
- As the Senior Application Developer, you will be an integral member of the Application Services team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to deliver world-class experience for our campus community.
- The Senior Application Developer is responsible for the design, programming, testing and implementation of highly complex and advanced web-based purchasing and financial applications used campus-wide using structured development methods and tools.
- The Senior Application Developer will have responsibilities for full-life cycle responsibilities, including development of formal project plans related to assigned development projects, application of advanced service-oriented architecture application design concepts and methods, and collaboration with subject matter experts, stakeholders, users and colleagues to elicit functional and technical requirement specifications for new and existing applications purchasing and accounts payable applications.
- Acts as key contributor to the comprehensive testing and documentation of system, while addressing issues or bugs to remediate and improve application functionality and stability.
- Collaborates with IT Services staff to analyze and resolve configuration, software, hardware and production issues.
- Additional responsibilities include ensuring appropriate use of application of security standards and policies, research of emerging technologies, analyzing application performance, managing data integrity and ongoing application support.
- Eight or more years' experience in the design and development of highly complex and advanced level, mission critical or enterprise applications using large-scale relational database(s).
- Advanced knowledge and experience in developing enterprise applications using z/OS, COBOL, CICS, DB2, SQL, VSAM, TSO and JCL.
- Skilled in the use of project management methods and tools such as MS Project, SmartSheet and Agile (or similar) ability to develop accurate project timelines, identifying dependencies and resource needs.
- Verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey topics of technical complexity to technical and nontechnical backgrounds ability to compose effective proposals, white papers and technical documentation
- Designs applications taking into account application performance and usability able to optimize application to improve system performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering (or similar) or eight years of equivalent relevant experience and education.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming (Java, .NET, or C ), HTML, CSS, and relational database design.
- Experience working within higher education information technology.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Primary location: Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-Time Travel: 10% Non-compete: Yes Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United StatesWe're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our.
Headquarters: United States URL: https://strong.ioStrong Analytics is seeking Software Engineers to help design and develop machine-learning based applications for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500s. Engineers are core contributors at Strong,.