The Data Analyst II will support research, evaluation, and advanced analytics projects. These projects are primarily funded by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality as well as other Health and Human Services agencies.
Candidates hired for the position might initially start working remotely but will eventually have the option to work from one of our offices located in Arlington, VA; Rockville, MD; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Chapel Hill, NC or Waltham, MA or continue to work remotely.
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solve some of the most urgent challenges in the U.S. and around the world. We advance evidence in the areas of education, health, the workforce, human services, and international development to create a better, more equitable world.
- Apply quantitative methods and techniques to manage and analyze research data
- Construct, clean, and document large datasets for both internal and project-related use
- Conduct literature reviews of technical and professional publications
- Create customized and presentation-quality reports from data analysis results
- Participate in the design of research studies
- Manage administrative aspects of projects
- Support the preparation of technical procedures and reports
- Write, compile, and edit assigned portions of proposals and project reports
- Review work products to ensure quality and consistency of content
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years quantitative research experience in health policy or a related field
- Experience using SAS required
- Experience using SQL, Python, R and/or other data analysis tools preferred
- Experience processing and analyzing Medicare, Medicaid, or other commercial claims data
- Knowledge of data analysis and data management techniques
- Knowledge and experience with advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning desirable
- Experience with AHRQ data sets such as HCUP or MEPS preferred but not required
- Proposal and report preparation experience a plus
- Quantitative research skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy when writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication with individuals at all levels and from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly, take direction, and work independently
- Ability to take collaborative and consultative approaches to resolve issues
- Creative, professional, and able to take initiative
AIR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from AIR, as a condition of employment. AIR will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from AIR
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position. Depending on project work, qualified candidates may need to meet certain residency requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Remote /Business Operations – Business Operations /Full-timeThe CompanyAt Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering career change, and online education in data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, coding, and cyber.
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Primary location: Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-Time Travel: 10% Non-compete: Yes Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United StatesWe're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our.