Travel Required: None
Public Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)
Requisition Type: Regular
GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and professional services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), GDIT provides enterprise IT services for DHS’s biometric identity management system (IDENT) and the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) to store, match, share, and analyze biometric and biographic data in support of DHS’s strategic mission.
Specifically, GDIT performs operations and maintenance (O&M) of OBIM infrastructure components, production and non-production environments, and associated OBIM functionality and business systems. GDIT’s O&M services support break-fix of current OBIM functional capabilities, as well as security remediation activities and developmental engineering (such as prototyping new code or configurations of OBIM functionality). And GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, and intelligence missions.
- Administering and maintaining a large-scale biometric matching system
- Working with stakeholders, developers and vendor to identify causes of system/code issues and work towards the resolution of identified issues
- Deploying code and maintaining baseline across multiple environments
- Working with security team on an on-going basis to ensure COTS compliance with DHS security standards
- Participating in an on-call rotation and function as an off-hours point of contact in case of unplanned events.
- BA/BS or equivalent, 5+ years of experience
- Working experience with application server administration, such as Red Hat JBoss/WildFly (preferable), Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain/maintain Final Suitability
- Degree in computer engineering, systems engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field of study
- 8+ years of directly related experience
- Working knowledge with Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Fusion Middleware administration, managing multiple application domains and setting and configuring multiple authenticators
- Working knowledge with TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS)
- Configuration management experience using automated tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Working knowledge with web services
- Working knowledge with Git/GitHub
- Developing SQL scripts
- Developing Jython scripts
- Experience with network administration and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge with F5 BigIP Local Traffic Manager, setting up and configuring VIPs and server pools and developing and configuring iRules
- Working knowledge with ServiceNow ITSM
- Excellent communication skills
- Certification: ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation; Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The likely salary range for this position is $76,000 - $114,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Primary location: Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-Time Travel: 10% Non-compete: Yes Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United StatesWe're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our.
Headquarters: United States URL: https://strong.ioStrong Analytics is seeking Software Engineers to help design and develop machine-learning based applications for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500s. Engineers are core contributors at Strong,.