The Data Integration Engineer, will design, build and maintain multiple integrated, complex enterprise systems, which deliver automated data intelligence solutions to the business. Applies technical expertise in leading projects or teams in application development, system integration and RDBMS.
- Lead new systems integration initiatives
- Work collaboratively with business analysts to identify ways to automate manual data governance processes
- Lead technical direction and approach to system design and implementation, including both brand products and supporting systems.
- Participate in cross-functional collaboration on projects and have a willingness to offer input on challenging technical issues.
- Deliver and operate excellent software applications that achieve the needed results.
- Maintain and enhance currently-integrated systems using SQLServer and SSRS
- Automate daily reports across multiple functional groups
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with 5+ years of experience or 10+ years related experience in systems administration/engineering/information technology.
- Experience with remote server management Experience with the development and implementation of web services API’s (REST/JSON, SOAP/XML).
- Experience with systems integration and system/software testing
- Experience in the integration of system components within an integrated test environment
- Knowledge skills/other attributes:
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, SQL or other relation database languages
- Expert in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Proficient in data visualization tools such as PowerBI and Tableau Familiarity with software development lifecycle processes.
- Proficient in SharePoint and MS Teams administration and related applications
- Working knowledge of system design and overall integration into an operational environment
- Working knowledge in test plan/procedure preparation and test execution
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task several projects at once
- Must have the ability to pass government background checks to obtain required clearances to work on government contracts
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
SDI is a Federal Contractor and a drug-free workplace. By submitting an application, I confirm that I understand that the Company has a right to require me to submit to a drug test prior to employment and at any time during my employment, to the extent permitted by law.
Smiths Detection is a global leader in threat detection and screening technologies for aviation, ports and borders, urban security and defence. With more than 40 years of field-tested experience, we deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibited weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics. Every minute of every day our technology and our people make the world a safer place. Smiths Detection is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies to markets in threat as well as contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.
Smiths Detection is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email email@example.com.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 877-703-1029. This email and phone number is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response. Smiths Detection, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is seeking a Senior Data Scientist – Credit Risk Modeling to join one of the Nation’s Largest Credit Unions for an employment opportunity. The Senior Data Scientist will be working 100% remotely to develop and evaluate models to quantify.
Oracle PL/SQL DeveloperLocation: Irving, TX / Jersey city, NJ / Tampa FL (Remote till offices reopens then Hybrid)Hire Type: FulltimeRequired Skills: Good Knowledge and hands on experience on Oracle PL/SQL.Basic concepts should be very clear and proficient.
For 20- plus years Centroid has helped complex companies accelerate their digital transformation by implementing and managing Cloud-based business solutions. We specialize in advisory, deployment, migration, integration and managed services. Our goal.
(REMOTE)NexGen is currently seeking a “Data Architect” to be responsible for data architecture and recommendations to enhance data architecture for major National Applications used by the Federal government. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrable.
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.