For Internal Faculty candidates:
- INTERNAL candidates must have their application submitted prior to 09/6/22 to be considered for this opening
- If you have applied for a position in the last 90 days, please be prepared to share your feedback and how you have addressed the feedback received using specific, detailed examples.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- The Data Analyst utilizes strong analytical and product management skills to gain a thorough understanding of department technology needs and translate these into specific initiatives and short- and long-range plans. The Data Analyst may also be asked to develop and document organizational content, practices, and objectives, including for relatively undefined new reporting initiatives.
- Analyzes and interprets data from various functional areas using a variety of statistical methods and uses reports to demonstrate the results of statistical analyses in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Demonstrates competencies to achieve specific individual and functional objectives that require the application of subject matter knowledge.
- The Data Analyst may be asked to act as a coach/mentor within their team and/or functional area and should be widely recognized as a go-to person.
- The Data Analyst is innovative and is always looking to new technologies to meet the needs of today.
- Formats and delivers accurate data, using prescribed programs/reports or programs/reports they develop, which will enable leadership to make informed business decisions, as well as enable employees to better serve student needs and ensure student success.
- Lead cross-functional projects to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- The Data Analyst must plan, organize, monitor, and manage business intelligence projects through completion and fluidly manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in a high-pressure environment and guide others on the team in collaborative efforts.
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- The Data Analyst elicits requirements and specifications through use of interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Understanding and appreciation of WGU’s competency-based education model.
- Creative, good-natured, and passionate about data and its support/guidance for the WGU mission.
- Personal drive to continually increase the standard of work.
- Strong organization skills with a high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, feature selection, etc.
- Ability to build consensus and motivate others.
- Ability to manage and report data on several projects/initiatives at once.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive communication between team members and project stakeholders through mainly electronic platforms.
- Tactfulness and discretion are required in communications as the subject matter may involve sensitive material.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues inside and outside the department, in order to gather information.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and temperament to proactively consider the needs of others.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Creative mindset for recommending new initiatives.
- Ability to create and track data related to project impact.
- Ability to plan and meet schedules.
- Work equally well in self-managed and team-based projects.
- Proficient specifically in Microsoft Excel and/or Power BI.
- Ability to learn new applications and/or platforms as needed.
- Works to achieve operational targets within job areas impacting department, function, or office results.
- Work is performed independently on moderately complex projects and assignments with some guidance required for direction and complex tasks. Sets objectives for oneself to meet the goals of projects or assignments.
- Responsible for employing adjustments or recommended enhancements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve the job area’s effectiveness while leveraging a systems-thinking approach.
- Problems faced may require an understanding of a broader set of issues and job areas.
- Collaborates with contacts typically within the job area to obtain or provide information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- May provide guidance and assistance to entry-level professionals and or support employees.
- Demonstrates the WGU leadership principles in all aspects of service to students, employees, and partners of WGU.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience, or an advanced degree without experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, data analytics, market research, economics, statistics, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in partnership development, performing research, data collection, analysis, and presentation in a large, rapidly growing organization.
- Experience with JIRA oriented product ticketing practices and/or agile project management.
- Advanced SQL
- Advanced Excel
- Power BI Reporting
- Master’s degree
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience within the Power Platform (Power BI, Power App, Power Automate, Power Vertical Agent)
- Experience within the higher education sector helpful
- Experience working in Evaluation Operations
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is seeking a Senior Data Scientist – Credit Risk Modeling to join one of the Nation’s Largest Credit Unions for an employment opportunity. The Senior Data Scientist will be working 100% remotely to develop and evaluate models to quantify.
Oracle PL/SQL DeveloperLocation: Irving, TX / Jersey city, NJ / Tampa FL (Remote till offices reopens then Hybrid)Hire Type: FulltimeRequired Skills: Good Knowledge and hands on experience on Oracle PL/SQL.Basic concepts should be very clear and proficient.
For 20- plus years Centroid has helped complex companies accelerate their digital transformation by implementing and managing Cloud-based business solutions. We specialize in advisory, deployment, migration, integration and managed services. Our goal.
(REMOTE)NexGen is currently seeking a “Data Architect” to be responsible for data architecture and recommendations to enhance data architecture for major National Applications used by the Federal government. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrable.
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.