Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, thoroughly document, respond to and accurately resolve cases of moderate complexity, in a timely manner and in accordance with the Customer Support Team standards
- Function as primary customer contact for all assigned support cases, meeting Guidewire’s contractual and internal goals for initial response and subsequent customer communication
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Escalate customer issues to Lead and/or Management as appropriate
- Collaborate with development, operations, customer success and sales teams to ensure success with Guidewire products
- Report and track software defects with the development team, following up with customers to resolve usage or functional issues
- Responsible for specific customer on-boarding tasks; Establishing account and application access
- Participate in after-hours and on-call support as needed
- Coordinate network setup for regular transfer of customer data for use in the products
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Guidewire’s Data products
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training, and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Create knowledgebase articles and other informational documents for customers and colleague consumption
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, technical, engineering, or data analytics related field
- 2 to3 years’ experience supporting end users of cloud SaaS products
- Strong knowledge of relational database theory, data mapping, data modeling
- Knowledge of data-warehousing, Data Pipelines, Data Marts, Cloud Platforms, Data Lakes and BI
- 3+ years of experience in database administration (Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server)
- Fluency in SQL scripting (TSQL and/or PL/SQL), including query optimization
- ETL, CDC, Airflow, Hadoop
- Kibana; Elastic Stack
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with Java and XML
- CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce)
- Software defect tracking systems (e.g., Jira)
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills: ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent soft skills
- Eager to learn and self-motivated Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others in a technical project environment
Other desirable skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior experience on an insurance related project
- Experience with Python
- Experience with JSON
- Experience with Bitbucket
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with streaming data processing technologies such as Kafka and Spark
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers – On-Call / After-hours production emergency rotation is expected
- Willing to work weekends on a rotational basis
- Pacific Coast time zone coverage is mandatory
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and meetings
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on Twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Primary location: Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-Time Travel: 10% Non-compete: Yes Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United StatesWe're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our.
Headquarters: United States URL: https://strong.ioStrong Analytics is seeking Software Engineers to help design and develop machine-learning based applications for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500s. Engineers are core contributors at Strong,.