Founded in 1995, Energy Solutions is an employee owned energy efficiency and demand management engineering, program design and implementation consulting firm. Our mission is to create large-scale environmental impacts for our clients by implementing market-based solutions and developing policies that contribute to these goals. We foster this mission by retaining a talented and committed team, providing a stimulating, healthy and participatory workplace, and emphasizing creative new approaches that maximize the value of our services. With nearly 200+ staff, we are honored to serve a diverse range of utility, public agency, commercial and industrial clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer III to join our Information Systems team to design, develop, and maintain software systems that support the distribution of incentives for clean energy technologies. You will bring deep technical expertise and a team-oriented approach to bear as you architect and implement systems that meet the technical needs of our clients as well as the energy and cost savings goals of the programs we support. This unique position is perfect for individuals with technical prowess that want to have an impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major North American utilities and other clients around the country.
Persons filling this position can choose to work from either our Northern California office in Oakland, our Southern California office in Orange or our Boston, Massachusetts office. We will also consider remote candidates in other parts of the United States as well.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining web applications and other enterprise software systems
- Reviewing functional requirements and drafting implementation plans
- Contributing new unit tests and promptly fixing any tests that fail continuous integration checks
- Working with internal clients to debug, reproduce, document, and fix support problems for production systems
- Performing code reviews on colleagues' contributions to the codebase.
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as standup meetings and pointing discussions.
- Leading technical analysis and discussions with internal clients, project managers, and other software engineers.
- Specializing in one or more codebases in order to be the go-to engineer for questions about bugs or new feature implementation plans.
- A bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or Computer Science and 5-8 years of relevant experience, or master’s degree in a related field. Candidates exhibiting 5 or more years of work experience using related technologies are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Python and Django. Similar object-oriented languages and frameworks will also be considered
- Experience with relational databases including MySQL, SQL, postgreSQL, Oracle or similar
- Effective communication skills and an enthusiasm for collaborative software development
- Energy related professional experience is a plus
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To apply, please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/.
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. We participate in E-Verify. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Primary location: Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-Time Travel: 10% Non-compete: Yes Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United StatesWe're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our.
Headquarters: United States URL: https://strong.ioStrong Analytics is seeking Software Engineers to help design and develop machine-learning based applications for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500s. Engineers are core contributors at Strong,.