Are you a Day1 thinker who is passionate about leveraging data to help leaders maximize their impact? Are you interested in working with the team tasked to deliver core, common, and consistent learning experiences to over 66K managers worldwide? Do you want to help realize Amazon’s new Leadership Principle – Strive to be Earth’s Best Employer? If so, the Global Learning & Development Manager Capability team would like to hear from you!
Key job responsibilities
GLD is searching for a Data Scientist who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to support the Manager Capability team. This critical, highly visible role will lead studies to pinpoint our customer’s biggest pain points, quantify the impact of our products, and inform future iterations on our strategies to build exceptional managers at Amazon. The ideal candidate will use their broad technical skills, strong data management skills, and a deep analytics background to quickly source accurate data, deliver insightful analyses, and provide compelling visualizations. This position is responsible for consulting with global stakeholders to identify technical requirements for business metrics and dashboards, partnering with data engineers to execute on those requirements, translating them into compelling visualizations, and providing useful and meaningful analyses for leadership.
A day in the life
- Consult with customers and stakeholders to identify requirements for simple, intuitive, and impactful solutions for sourcing and interpreting data.
- Partner with Business Intelligence Engineers to build data pipelines, reports, dashboards, and analyses to deliver metrics and insights to GLD.
- Interpret and present data to create narratives and actionable insights that drive robust decision making
- Design and implement technical solutions with an appropriate analytics strategy and data set design.
- Understand system limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and/or the reasons for technical decisions.
- Partner with GLD data engineering teams to create and iterate on key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement.
- Drive best practices in operational excellence, data modelling, and analysis. Assure solutions are correctly and efficiently supporting the manager capability team.
- Implement training and documentation solutions that enable business stakeholders to get the most out of our self-serve reporting tools.
- Own key executive reports and metrics that are consumed by our executive leadership team and the PXT organization.
About the team
The Global Learning & Development (GLD) Manager Capability team equips Amazon’s managers with the knowledge and capabilities to create a safer, more productive, higher performing, more diverse, and more just work environment. We provide scalable learning and development experiences to enable managers to lead with empathy, have fun at work, and make it easy for others to have fun. We do this by supporting each step of a manager’s development journey—onboarding, performing in role, and growth for the next opportunity—with personalized and relevant learning they need to be an exceptional Amazon manager.
• Masters in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent) • 5+ years of experience in a data engineer role with a technology company • Knowledge of statistical or graphical methods to calibrate and assess KPIs • Experience with statistical analysis, data modeling, machine learning, optimizations, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, and demand modeling • Experience with Predictive analytics (e.g., forecasting, time-series, neural networks) and Prescriptive analytics (e.g., stochastic optimization, bandits, reinforcement learning) Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Remote /Business Operations – Business Operations /Full-timeThe CompanyAt Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering career change, and online education in data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, coding, and cyber.
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Primary location: Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-Time Travel: 10% Non-compete: Yes Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United StatesWe're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our.