** While this position will primarily be remote, we are looking for someone who can come to our offices in NY/NJ as needed. **
We seek a Principal Software Architect with a deep software engineering mindset. This includes practices such as Agile, test automation, object-oriented design, design patterns, release management and Dev/Ops. Someone who can solve sophisticated problems and deliver innovative solutions with keen attention to detail. If you have a passion for learning new technologies and developing skills and have a track record of delivering high quality products, come talk to us!
Our software engineering team is an integral part of the larger organization and is responsible for much of the growth and innovation at the company. Team members have a range of experience and diverse backgrounds allowing for significant knowledge sharing. The team is supported by robust QA, IT, Design and Product teams. We have embraced Agile development both within the team and throughout the organization. When you join the team, you will be coaching and growing developers through mentorship and leading by example.
The work we do is changing people's lives and businesses for the better every single day. That is not an overstatement, it is the truth. Affiliated Monitoring (www.affiliated.com) and its family of companies are the leaders in personal and business security and monitoring.
The security industry is changing faster than ever before, and our software engineering team is driving this rapid advancement. Our service-oriented architecture is the industry standard and is used to power internal and external applications, including mobile applications, APIs and integrated SMS and web applications.
Come join an entrepreneurial engineering group within an industry-leading company that has been growing and profitable for over 40 years. If it is cutting-edge technology, a reliable company, and no worries about when the next round of funding will come in that you’re looking for, well, look no further. You will sharpen your skills, learn new things, and help develop the next generation of applications in an industry that is consistently growing, while maintaining a good work/life balance.
- Act as Principal Software Architect in architecting, designing and engineering web and mobile applications, solving both hard technical and product problems to deliver a product that moves our company and industry forward
- Drive the adoption of thoughtful architecture that ensures that software systems meet all functional, non-functional, technical, and operational requirements and the overall quality of systems (maintainability, security, interoperability, scalability, and performance)
- Understand and communicate strategic themes and other key business drivers for architecture to system and solution architects and nontechnical stakeholders. Explain how the roadmap maintains and delivers cost effectiveness, business value, and competitiveness
- Develop best practices to ensure software functionality, usability, reliability, and availability
- Influence common modeling, design, and coding practices. Facilitate the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns.
- Promote continuous delivery and devops capabilities.
- Responsible for development of design documents and software architectural documents, diagrams, and presentations
- Lead Architecture team meeting, prepare roadmap, backlog grooming, and meet regularly with Architecture team members
- Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to end users
- Maintain and develop internal Web Services/APIs ensuring data integrity across multiple business databases
- Work with software engineering team to design prototypes to validate application functionality
The Principal Software Architect will work closely with our leadership team in:
- Actively participating in architecture and scoping discussions
- Providing technical mentorship to our engineering team
- Delegating and reviewing assigned tasks
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Perform code reviews
- Advise on new technology, development tools and emerging standards
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7-10+ years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines
- Deep knowledge of networks, database, storage, management systems, services frameworks, and cloud technologies
- Major experience with mission critical systems
- Experience with development methodologies
- Experience delivering presentations to senior and executive leadership
- Ability to provide thought leadership, abstract and innovative thinking. Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Display of a consistent, positive, can-do professional attitude. Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Focus on delivery, quality, and timeliness
- Ability to be open-minded, flexible, and willing to adapt to changing business requirements. Work well under pressure.
- Skill in communicating clearly and concisely in writing and verbally. Ability to understand and express complex concepts is essential
- Ability to collaborate both internally and more broadly with stakeholders and members off an extended team
- Experience in SQL and working with relational databases (MySQL and/or SQL Server), including database design
- Competency with MVC Frameworks, especially CodeIgniter and Flask
- Experience writing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with integrating 3rd party SOAP and RESTful APIs
- Solid Understanding of Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture
- Proven track record of designing solutions and building from the ground up
- Fast learner with excellent problem-solving skills
- Works well on a team
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ABOUT THIS JOB:Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Primary location: Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-Time Travel: 10% Non-compete: Yes Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United StatesWe're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our.
Headquarters: United States URL: https://strong.ioStrong Analytics is seeking Software Engineers to help design and develop machine-learning based applications for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500s. Engineers are core contributors at Strong,.