ABOUT THIS JOB:
Data and Analytics Engineering - Platform team is critical to making our organization's data strategy successful. You will play a key role in architecting and engineering modern, adaptive, data-driven, and secure platforms and processes to enable Data & Analytics Engineering. You should have strong fundamentals of DevSecOps in a data setting, and enjoy prototyping, building frameworks, setting standards, communicating, and evangelizing DevSecOps. You will bring thought leadership to the table, working with teams of associates and consultants, aligning cross-functional initiatives and projects. As our team grows, you will have the opportunity to shape the platform strategy and roadmap.
The Architect is responsible for designs and oversight of applications. This involves the uniformity of application implementations under their influence, proper performance of those applications, and ensuring the team's developed solutions are within enterprise direction. The Architect works with the Enterprise Architecture team to develop standards and design patterns. This position will work with various Technology teams to champion the adoption of patterns, platforms, and architectural tools. Architect provides mentorship and capitalizes on teachable moments to grow others.
- Architect intelligent, predictable, reliable, scalable, cost-efficient, and easy-to-use platforms and frameworks for Data Science Machine Learning (DSML), Enterprise Data Lake/Warehouse (EDL/EDW), Master Data Management (MDM) functions
- Establish patterns, build CI/CD pipelines, frameworks and conduct detailed code reviews
- Up to 50% hands-on activities such as evaluating new tools and vendors, platforms, technologies, and building prototypes
- Own the Data and Analytics Platform Engineering team's technical roadmap and contribute to the platform strategy
- Self-directed and able to balance the priorities of multiple teams, systems, and products with a leadership mindset
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Streamline development and operation processes via continuous integration, deployment, automated testing while leveraging SRE principles
- Mentor junior members of the group
- Partners with IT Enterprise Architects to assist Leadership with the forecasting of technology implementation budgets. Assists in the budget process to identify the Total Cost of Ownership
- Evaluates the ROI of systems development and enhancements to the Enterprise environment and effectively weighs the financial alternatives involved with various technical solutions and proposals
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments through a partnership with the Enterprise Architecture team
- Drives efficient resolution for system outages as well as performance and functional shortcomings. Engages in critical support situations and effectively, efficiently, and quickly drives to successful resolutions
- Recognizes areas of improvement in the development lifecycle and recommends action plans. Drives design consensus within the team while maintaining awareness with other teams
- Work Location and Arrangement: Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Hawaii or Colorado
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years of DevSecOps experience with a clear understanding of related tools, structure, and processes working in an Agile/Scrum setting
- 5+ years of expertise with Azure services such as Databricks, Synapse, SQL, CosmosDB, Data Factory, Event Hub, Functions, Key vaults, Managed Identity, Service Principal, Networking, Active Directory are required. Experience with Azure cost forecasting and management is desired
- Advanced proficiency with Python, SQL, GitHub, Azure DevOps, Terraform, PowerShell is required. Deep understanding and hands on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, and configuration management automation tools is required
- Software engineering background and Machine Learning Engineering/Operations such as MLOps/ModelOps experience is desired
- Effective problem-solving, analytical thinking, cloud-native and security-first mind set, documentation, communication and presentation skills
- 4-year degree in technology related course of study or equivalent experience, preferred
- Azure certification is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability in statistical analysis, advanced calculations, and reporting
- Broad understanding of the business processes implemented across the team's applications
- Broad understanding of all aspects of the team's technical software requirements including security, scalability, and usability
- Build consensus and acceptance of improvements and changes to CarMax development patterns, standards, and processes
- Influence the technical direction of others in order to drive all projects to successful completion within the architectural standards and guidance
- Courageously drive strategic initiatives and challenge upward and across the IT enterprise when necessary
- Proven ability to effectively communicate architectural standards and best practices
- Drive through obstacles and time constraints to successfully deliver a project to completion
- Demonstrated ability to compare and contrast alternative approaches to meet objectives while assessing risk both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Effectively estimate time required for technical efforts for projects of all sizes
- Demonstrated communication skills to include but not limited to verbal and written communication, delivering organized presentations, able to tailor message to the audience, facilitate group discussions, and seek diverse opinions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively estimate effort, durations and enterprise impact required for large technical solutions
- Evaluate long term impacts when making recommendations and decisions
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For .
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis. Sponsorship will be considered for this specific role
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Hawaii or Colorado
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job Description:This position is Remote. Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and the candidate's ability to work from an approved work location. Although the location is flexible, AEP does not have a presence in all states and.
ResponsibilitiesProvide clinical data management support to clinical development franchise(s) and related Clinical Operations team and/or study project, Safety, Clinical Management team and Biostatistics.Participate in the review of clinical research.
Job Description:Information TechnologyThis is for AEP (American Electric Power) Commercial Operations. The ideal candidate will have will have experience in all phases of software development: gathering user requirements, making architecture decisions,.
Company BackgroundINTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare.
Primary location: Remote Relocation offered: No Employment status: Full-Time Travel: 10% Non-compete: Yes Location: Work from home position located inside the continental United StatesWe're hiring a Manager of Software Engineering to join one of our.