Hello, prospective pickle! Design Pickle is looking for a proven, dynamic, and versatile Senior Software Engineer to join the Design Pickle Technology team. As a key team member, you will collaborate closely with product, design, creative operations, and data science & analytics teams to develop a range of services that power the creative process between our customers and global network of creative talent. You will be responsible for working with a team of engineers to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain large distributed systems, make critical technology decisions, and work with our customers and creatives to resolve their day-to-day problems.
A successful candidate will have a broad background in software development with strong technical ability, excellent communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
If you have ever wanted to make a significant contribution and help shape the future trajectory of a high-growth, private equity-backed company, this is the role for you!
Reports to: Director of Engineering
On a daily basis, works closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We're a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don't stress if pickles aren't your thing. It's not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something, though, because our employees' uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we're looking for individuals who have...
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Java, Go.
- Good understanding of object-oriented design principles, data structures, algorithms, SQL/NoSQL, concurrency, and software engineering.
- Experience SQL/NoSQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Demonstrable experience with development of RESTful APIs, web services, and service oriented architecture.
- Expertise in understanding high-level design and translating it into detailed design artifacts.
- Ability to successfully manage projects with strict deadlines, work in a team and independently, and drive initiatives to completion in a cross-functional environment.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and listening skills; ability to convey complex information to broad audiences.
- Experience creating and maintaining detailed technical documentation.
- Strong advocate of code craftsmanship, good coding standards/practices, and use of tools that will improve the speed and quality of code delivered to production.
Passion for our purpose - to be the most helpful creative company in the world.
Hands on AWS experience with production workloads.
- Experience in frontend development, as well as other object-oriented programming languages.
- Knowledge of machine learning or neural networks.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases.
- Contribute to broader architecture discussions and decisions to make our systems more resilient and scalable.
- Collaborate closely with frontend, data science, and cross-functional teams to deliver compelling solutions to customers and global network of creative talent.
- Communicate effectively to peers and leadership on tasks, projects, and best practices.
- Find and fix performance, scalability, and other live issues in a time-critical environment.
- Prototype ideas quickly and efficiently leveraging new technologies.
- Contribute to developing controls, policies, procedures and best practices to maximize software development team performance.
- Support planning processes, managing projects, and preparing for Agile meetings.
- Lead and mentor junior software engineers.
- Foster a strong, collaborative technology organization with a deep sense of service excellence, quality, and commitment towards our customers and creative talent.
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Employee Navigator
Dental and vision insurance: We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
Give it to me STRAIGHT
HELP when nobody's watching
Lean into HARD
Make your own PICKLES
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website and social channels. We can't wait to meet you—thank you in advance for your application!
Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will often hear members of the Design Pickle team refer to themselves as pickles. Pickles come in an infinite amount of variety, and as such, the pickles at Design Pickle celebrate every aspect of our diverse workforce and do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, nationality, (dis)ability, gender, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. The right pickle for the right opportunity. Design Pickle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
Design Pickle will not accept resumes from any source other than the candidate. Any unsolicited resume sent to Design Pickle will be considered Design Pickle sourced.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Data Warehouse LeadThe Data Warehouse Lead will play an integral role in defining and building a data warehouse platform that drives innovation, growth, and data-driven change.If that grabbed your attention, come grow with us!Introductions first!You-.
The Opportunity:Ever-expanding technology like IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence means that there’s more structured and unstructured data available today than ever before. As a data engineer, you know that organizing big data can yield.
Company OverviewMotorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child.
Job DescriptionRemote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.The Digital Data Engineer (Web) will work as a subject matter expert.
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)LOCATION: Remote - United States only (Time Zone: CST | Partial overlap)SALARY: $120,000 – $160,000/yrESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long termABOUT US:Braintrust is the only network that.
More jobs by this company
About This RoleHello, prospective pickle! Design Pickle is seeking to expand our Customer Success team by adding a Customer Support Representative! If you have ever wanted to make a significant contribution and help shape the customer experience and.
About This RoleHello, prospective pickle! We are looking for a proven, results-oriented, and strategic executive to lead all aspects of technology and cement our position as the category-defining market leader in unlimited graphic design and creative.
About This RoleHello, prospective pickle! Design Pickle is looking for a proven, dynamic, and versatile Software Engineer to join the Design Pickle Technology team. As a key team member, you will collaborate closely with product, design, creative operations,.