The Splunk Engineer will serve as a Splunk subject matter expert. They will be responsible for updating, engineering, and creating Splunk dashboards. They will provide technical and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development, optimization, and implementation for complex to extremely complex systems in the subject matter area. The Splunk Engineer would make recommendations and advise on organization-wide implementation, integration, and optimization of the tool (Splunk).
The Splunk Engineer will interpret customer requirements, develop internal requirements, and design solutions. The Splunk Engineer will be responsible for designing and setting up the ingestion of various customer data flows to include pre-processing data into a useable format. The Splunk Engineer will also be responsible for designing and integrating Splunk with a wide variety of data sources and developing associated knowledge objects such as dashboards, reports, alerts for Network Monitoring and Analytics.
The Splunk Engineer/SME should have the following skills:
- Strong with Splunk Development and Dashboards
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of Splunk "Search" language and building complex queries
- Implement KV stores, lookups, and data model acceleration to optimize search performance and reporting
- Expert-level capabilities with regular expression and statistical functions
- Experience with creating Splunk knowledge objects (field extractions, macros, event types, etc.)
- Ability to understand the business process flow and design & develop an "End-2-End" business transaction visibility, including large scale processing, integration, and analysis of system logs and databases in Splunk
- Ability to discover and mine data to develop meaningful insights into Failed, Unexpected, Incomplete or Delayed business transactions
- Ability to architect, implement, administer, and troubleshoot Splunk
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Architect, design, support, and maintain high availability, distributed multi-clustered and multi-tenant Splunk deployment
- Perform capacity planning, data integration, data transformation, field extraction, event parsing, data preview, and configuration management of Splunk platform
- Design and customize complex search queries, and promote advanced searching, forensics and analytics, develop dashboards and visualizations, data models, reports and optimize their performance
- Onboard and maintain a wide variety of data sources including various OS, appliance, and application logs
- Work closely with Linux and Windows server administration teams to diagnose and resolve configuration issues
- Perform data mining and analysis, using various query and reporting methods
- Solve/troubleshoot complex integration challenges and configuration issues
- Manage Splunk knowledge objects
- Implement and maintain Splunk monitoring of microservices
- Analyze and optimize log collection and reporting to increase value and reduce unnecessary collection
- Identify and handle data discrepancy issues within the Splunk monitoring system
- Assist with training application team members on Splunk functionality
- Support Splunk capacity and performance analysis
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher and 10 years of related experience
- 3+ years of experience in Splunk development (Create Dashboards, Visualizations, Statistical reports, scheduled searches, alerts, and knowledge objects)
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate strong working knowledge/experience with several of the following skills, concepts, and technologies:
- Enterprise Applications deployed as microservices
- SQL Server, PostgreSQL, platform administration on Linux and Windows
- Security Tools such as IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, firewalls, Switches, Endpoint Management
- Cloud providers such as AWS GovCloud
- Scripting/Programming experience in Python, Perl, Powershell or Bash.
- Firewalls and internet proxy devices
- Unix or Linux shell environments
- Event flows (i.e. Syslog)
- Strong problem solving, logic, and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
- Splunk Core Certified Admin
- Splunk Core Certified Advanced Power User
- Candidate must be a US Citizen, possess DHS Suitability background investigation or be eligible to qualify for DHS Entry of Duty background investigation followed by DHS Public Trust Clearance
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
LocationWork from Home/Remote
Job TypeEngineering, Information Technology
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Data Warehouse LeadThe Data Warehouse Lead will play an integral role in defining and building a data warehouse platform that drives innovation, growth, and data-driven change.If that grabbed your attention, come grow with us!Introductions first!You-.
The Opportunity:Ever-expanding technology like IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence means that there’s more structured and unstructured data available today than ever before. As a data engineer, you know that organizing big data can yield.
Company OverviewMotorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child.
Job DescriptionRemote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.The Digital Data Engineer (Web) will work as a subject matter expert.
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)LOCATION: Remote - United States only (Time Zone: CST | Partial overlap)SALARY: $120,000 – $160,000/yrESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long termABOUT US:Braintrust is the only network that.
More jobs by this company
Job DescriptionComputer World Services is seeking energetic candidates to support the National Oceanica and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Cyber Security Division (CSD) in achieving NOAA’s cybersecurity.
Job DescriptionComputer World Services is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD), Systems and Technology Support Branch (SysTech) with System and Technology.
Job DescriptionCWS is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to leverage engineering best practices within design, administration, installation and support for systems/server, software and security. You will be responsible for the maintenance of Virtual Desktop.