Staples Retail Technology Engineering is hiring a Sr. Technical Engineer focusing mainly on Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM/SCCM) Infrastructure. This position will be part of a team of consultants, engineers, and analysts tasked with designing, implementing and providing ongoing management of technology-based solutions in support of the Staples US Retail business unit.
The person successful in this role will have several years of experience managing Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Management (MECM) platforms and thousands of endpoints in a distributed environment. The right candidate will possess expertise maintaining MECM and associated technologies such as MS SQL, IIS, Windows Server and all corresponding infrastructure the platform sits on. The candidate will have demonstrated experience planning & executing upgrades to the latest current branch versions of MECM, writing SQL queries for reporting purposes, upgrading CM client agents and maintaining / improving a MECM DEV environment. The candidate will support an extensive user community of IT professionals who use the MECM technology for a variety of uses. As such the candidate should possess expertise using MECM to automate zero-touch OSD, content distribution and maintenance, and supporting other teams using MECM to rebuild devices and deploy software.
A strong practical knowledge of scripting and packaging is essential, along with well-developed troubleshooting skills; particularly in the areas of OSD Task Sequences, Patching and Content Distribution and Deployment, BitLocker and MBAM and Configuration Manager in general. They should demonstrate a solid understanding of the challenges inherent in managing systems in a distributed environment – and the tools used to manage them, as well as familiarity with data security standards and a habit of “thinking securely”. Finally, the individual possessing these skills will have an analytical mind, the ability to solve complex issues, and a willingness to learn new technologies and pitch-in as needed. If that sounds like you, then come join our team!
- Administration and support of existing CM infrastructure; designs, engineers and implements CM infrastructure solutions to support operational or customer facing systems in a retail environment (back office desktops, POS registers, and in-store kiosks).
- Research new MECM capabilities and provide benefits, pros and cons to team on how best to use these newer technologies to manage remote trusted and untrusted endpoint devices.
- Participates in management, maintenance, and future development of an in-house workflow tool which serves as a front-end interface for other support teams to access Configuration Manager.
- Writes reports and scripts e.g. PowerShell to automate and refine processes used to support the CM infrastructure systems, Distribution Point management, and automation of other CM tasks as appropriate.
- Participates in evaluation of operating systems and applications used to support the business.
- Provides 3rd level technical support for store retail infrastructure components including back office hardware, software, network (wired & wireless), mobile devices and Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Provides technical guidance to Staples' retail business and IT organizations as required.
- Recommends areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
Get great perks.
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Flexible work arrangements including Bonus Plan
- 401(k) plan with a company match, full benefits plan and options, and associate resource groups
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- Corporate office includes a café (i.e., coffee, cappuccinos, teas), 24/7 fitness center, convenience store, on-site dry cleaning, Chef Louie’s Cafeteria, and more
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science, MIS or another technical field) or 10+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7-10+ years’ experience working with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM/MECM)
- Minimum 7+ years’ overall experience in hands-on technical roles, leading technical initiatives, and/or solving technical problems
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience managing Windows desktops, servers or endpoint systems in distributed environments. (Windows 10/11, Server 2012 R2 & 2016)
- Hands-on experience automating processes through scripting using PowerShell. Knowledge will be required in various situation, related to both applications and systems
- Experience working with Installer technologies; Flexera AdminStudio, InstallShield, Windows Installer
- Strong troubleshooting skills and root-cause analysis
- Experience working independently on day-to-day responsibilities and leading small projects with minimal direction
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with enterprise network management tools for DNS, DHCP; E.G. Infoblox
- Experience with Windows Command Script, VBS. Any of C#, .NET, Visual Basic (or any other object-oriented programming language) would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of PCI and PII requirements – or IT experience in a highly-regulated industry
- Experience with SDLC and/or Agile project methodologies
- Experience working with cross functional business and IT groups
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Data Warehouse LeadThe Data Warehouse Lead will play an integral role in defining and building a data warehouse platform that drives innovation, growth, and data-driven change.If that grabbed your attention, come grow with us!Introductions first!You-.
The Opportunity:Ever-expanding technology like IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence means that there’s more structured and unstructured data available today than ever before. As a data engineer, you know that organizing big data can yield.
Company OverviewMotorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child.
Job DescriptionRemote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.The Digital Data Engineer (Web) will work as a subject matter expert.
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)LOCATION: Remote - United States only (Time Zone: CST | Partial overlap)SALARY: $120,000 – $160,000/yrESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long termABOUT US:Braintrust is the only network that.
This is a remote position.OverviewArtic Consulting is expanding our organization, building a values-driven global organization known for our commitment to excellence and business impact, outstanding working relationships with clients and team members,.
More jobs by this company
DescriptionThe world of working and learning has changed. This is your opportunity to be a part of a brand transformation and growth strategy within the retail industry. Staples is helping our customers and community discover innovative products, services,.