Title: Security Specialist - Access Provisioning
Duration: 6 months +
Accountable for activities that ensure all users in the organization have the appropriate levels of access to applications, systems and data resources. Evaluates and maintains procedures to safeguard information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Ensures compliance with Security regulations and laws. Recommends and implements changes to enhance security controls and prevent unauthorized access. Responsible for role-based implementation, role management, and access governance. Implements and manages the enterprise security support model for new applications. Monitors systems, networks, servers, and databases for potential system breaches. Responds to alerts from information security tools. Assigned to projects of medium size/scope. Provides consultative expertise on a wide variety of project and initiatives.
- Performs a lead role in promotion of security awareness programs, assessing gaps and implementing solutions.
- Responsible for the end-to-end completion of security requests.
- Provisions user security roles and manages security groups across systems, platforms, databases, applications, servers, directors and folders.
- Analyzes existing role structures to improve and streamline structures, security administration and improve end-user experience.
- Responsible for highly sensitive security access for outsourced vendors and ensuring compliance with policy, regulations and contractual requirements.
- Accountable for highly sensitive emergency processes.
- Creates or maintains application scripts and uses application specific tools to create or manage application security.
- Tracks and documents security issues and requests, actively monitors work queue.
- Plans, coordinates, communicates, tests and implements audits ensuring that access entitlements are appropriate for job requirements.
- Creates and coordinates completion of detailed security reports to fulfill audit, management or business owner requirements.
- Accountable for follow-up of all security work requests including collaborating with other IT areas to ensure timely completion/resolution and obtainment of appropriate approval levels.
- Interfaces with users to understand new capabilities, implement procedures, ensure security procedures have been communicated properly and are being adhered to.
- Provides input to drive process improvements.
- Works closely with business areas and IT partners on troubleshooting, pre-implementation activities and to assess application security.
- Maintains and creates operational procedures and maintains Security Knowledge Base.
- Performs system monitoring activities, identification and evaluation of security threats, breaches and vulnerabilities.
- Responds to security alerts.
- Responsible for on-call release support.
- Acts as lead liaison for internal and external audit requests and activities. Leads remedial activities as the result of audit findings.
- Defines scope of operational initiatives and adjusts priorities to support workload.
- Provides subject matter expertise, leadership and guidance to work teams and end users on security policies, standards and procedures and processes.
- Investigates business processes to understand and implement security requirements weighing business needs and security risks and resolving issues.
- Researches solutions works with vendors to enhance Security Monitoring Program.
- Coordinates and documents exceptions to security policy as directed by the Exception Governance Team.
- Develops training content as needed.
- In-depth knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to manage tasks independently without close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Must have an understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Must have advanced security knowledge of the organization's existing platforms, systems, databases, and application security and are able to handle most regular issues independently.
- Advanced analytical thinking, problem solving, quantitative analysis ability.
- Must have an advanced understanding of Information Security concepts, protocols, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Must have advanced proficiency with RACF, TSO and tools used to administer security on the mainframe
- Must have advanced proficiency with Active Directory groups and user accounts, Windows folder structures and folder security.
- Proficiency with Windows skills are required, e.g., Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Must have advanced proficiency of UNIX/Linux security and tools used to administer security in these environments
- Must have advanced proficiency of LDAP groups and user accounts and tools used to administer security in this environment
- Must have advanced proficiency with database security and tools used to administer security within the various databases, e.g., UDB, DB2, SQL and Oracle
- Must demonstrate expertise with security management tools
- Strong knowledge of Florida Blue business processes is required
- Works without daily supervision to meet customer expectations
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Experience using Agile methodology specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
2+ years of relevant work experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field
HS diploma or GED
COMPTIA Security+ or equivalent
Job Type: Contract
Pay: Up to $43.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Cybersecurity: 3 years (Required)
- Access Provisioning: 3 years (Required)
- Unix/Linux: 3 years (Required)
- LDAP: 3 years (Required)
- Active Directory: 3 years (Required)
- CompTIA Security+ (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Data Warehouse LeadThe Data Warehouse Lead will play an integral role in defining and building a data warehouse platform that drives innovation, growth, and data-driven change.If that grabbed your attention, come grow with us!Introductions first!You-.
The Opportunity:Ever-expanding technology like IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence means that there’s more structured and unstructured data available today than ever before. As a data engineer, you know that organizing big data can yield.
Company OverviewMotorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child.
Job DescriptionRemote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.The Digital Data Engineer (Web) will work as a subject matter expert.
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)LOCATION: Remote - United States only (Time Zone: CST | Partial overlap)SALARY: $120,000 – $160,000/yrESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long termABOUT US:Braintrust is the only network that.
Date: Nov 26, 2022Primary Location: Hartford, CT, USCompany: Lincoln FinancialAlternate Locations: Fort Worth, TX (Texas); Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Austin, TX (Texas); Bakersfield, CA (California); Baltimore, MD (Maryland); Baton Rouge, LA (Louisiana);.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and.
Company Descriptioninsightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware,.
PROLIM (www.prolim.com) is currently seeking Product Integrity Program Manager for one of our top Client for location Sunnyvale, CA (REMOTE)Approved Remote Locations: Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA and San Diego, CA.Description.
Overview: Are you ready to take your career to the next level? LoanCare, one of the top providers in the mortgage services industry, seeks an individual with a solid work history in the mortgage or real estate industry to join our team as a Business.