About FAIR Health
FAIR Health, Inc., a national, independent nonprofit organization, was established in October 2009 with the mission to help assure fairness and transparency in health insurance information. FAIR Health has created a database of over 38 billion de-identified private healthcare claim records—the largest in the country—which receives claims monthly and which serves as the foundation for a variety of data products, custom analytics and consumer tools. FAIR Health has also been certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services as a “Qualified Entity” and thus holds the entire collection of Medicare Parts A, B and D claims from 2013 to the present, which get routinely refreshed.
Our standard data modules, custom analytics and technological tools serve all participants in the healthcare sector nationwide; they are licensed to payors, third-party administrators, bill review companies, self-insured employers, government agencies, academic researchers and consultants. Our medical and dental data are used to inform statutes and regulations, healthcare cost indices, fee schedules, benefit and provider network design, practice/facility expansion, health systems research and dispute resolution, among other uses. We also offer a suite of consumer-oriented tools and resources available on our consumer website (fairhealthconsumer.org), as well as a mobile application, which can be licensed by other organizations.
Summary of Position
The Junior Database Developer will be a SQL developer with a knowledge of ETL (extract-transform-load) who is responsible for design, development and delivery of data for external web applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for the integration business requirements and database technologies to facilitate optimal solutions to meet business requirements. The candidate will identify areas of potential risks and suggest improvements to mitigate them. The candidate will also be responsible for plans for long-term growth and needs where possible. The candidate will also be responsible for automation, standardization and documentation of applied methodologies within FAIR Health solution frameworks.
- Primary MariaDB/MySQL database developer on external web applications
- Primary Elasticsearch/Oracle developer
- Add new products working from Oracle (source) to Elasticsearch (application source)
- Maintain products through fulfillment release cycles
- Work with business to define and refine requirements to work within existing frameworks and identify the modifications required to existing components in order to meet the business requirements
- Work with application developers to provide solutions meeting business requirements featuring stability and flexibility in a timely manner
- Create, document, maintain and validate backup and disaster recovery methodologies
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for data transmission, storage and data access including documentation, testing and remediation
- Track and maintain work via Salesforce or RemedyForce
- Automate routine processes such as product loads where possible using available tools: procedures, packages, bash scripts, etc.
- Perform unit testing and system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing
- Ensure data quality throughout entire data management process
- Observe information security policies and HIPAA guidelines of conduct to ensure the privacy and security of nonpublic information
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience required
- Working knowledge of ETL development
- 2-5 years of MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle with development of database procedures and functions
- Working knowledge of Elasticsearch is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Linux bash scripting
- Ability to pick up new skills as business solutions require them
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Salary is commensurate to experience at a range of $86,000 - $102,000
Ability to work from our New York City office or remote
FAIR Health, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is an E-Verify participant.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
FAIR Health offers a competitive compensation package and includes the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) and Discretionary Bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,000.00 - $102,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your desired salary? Please provide a range.
- How much notice (if any) will you need to provide to your current employer?
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Data Warehouse LeadThe Data Warehouse Lead will play an integral role in defining and building a data warehouse platform that drives innovation, growth, and data-driven change.If that grabbed your attention, come grow with us!Introductions first!You-.
The Opportunity:Ever-expanding technology like IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence means that there’s more structured and unstructured data available today than ever before. As a data engineer, you know that organizing big data can yield.
Company OverviewMotorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child.
Job DescriptionRemote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.The Digital Data Engineer (Web) will work as a subject matter expert.
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)LOCATION: Remote - United States only (Time Zone: CST | Partial overlap)SALARY: $120,000 – $160,000/yrESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long termABOUT US:Braintrust is the only network that.
Who We are:Project Partners is the world leader in Implementing Oracle ERP Solutions (Cloud PPM and EBS Projects) for Project Based Organizations. We are currently searching for a FULL TIME Oracle Cloud PPM Solution Architect. This position will be for.
About Sapphire Systems:Sapphire is the largest digital operating transformation provider to the mid-market and mid-enterprise clients. Our mission is to turn operating friction into digital business momentum. Through the passion and expertise of our.
Description:AVENU™ is the newly formed Fintech division of MainStreet Bank, a nationally ranked community bank. MainStreet Bank is a technology-driven company focused on delivering innovative services to our Fintech banking clients. As such, we’ve designed.
Company DescriptionMcFadyen Digital is the leading advisor and implementer ofecommercemarketplace solutions. During 15 years of implementing marketplaces, weve built dozens of platforms that cumulatively generate billions of dollars of GMV. Were honored.
Description:Project Overview:This is a large-scale IT software development effort implementing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).Responsibilities:Design logical and physical data modelsEnsure database optimization, integrity, consistency, security and privacy..
More jobs by this company
About FAIR HealthFAIR Health, Inc., an independent nonprofit organization, was established in October 2009 with the mission to help assure fairness and transparency in health insurance information. FAIR Health has created a database of over 36 billion.
About FAIR HealthFAIR Health, Inc., a national, independent nonprofit organization, was established in October 2009 with the mission to help assure fairness and transparency in health insurance information. FAIR Health has created a database of over.