Currently we need a talented Lead Business Intelligence Developer with analytical and programming capabilities, to develop and maintain reports and services using tools like SSRS, SSIS, PowerBI, and Azure Data Factory. Lead Business Intelligence Developer will work with stakeholders to define, analyze and execute on reporting and analysis of business requirements. The Lead Business Intelligence Developer must have the ability to plan and execute on complex projects from concept to reality. This role will lead the development of a standardized BI infrastructure to enable business users to access the right information at the right time.
The Lead, Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for the overall management and development of business intelligence assets for the Department of Health Economics. Utilizing strong interpersonal skills, business acumen, and critical thinking, the individual will partner and consult with business and clinical leaders to identify and understand business needs. Once business needs are understood, the individual will utilize data visualization technical skills (Power BI strongly preferred), data storytelling skills, and creativity, to provide user-friendly, easy to consume BI tools for our stakeholders. This individual will also assess the current suite of BI tools within the department and identify opportunities for combining or organizing information differently for ease of consumption. The individual will also build tools that allow for more in-depth exploration of our already existing and future-state groomed data assets. The individual will also champion existing assets and assist in helping our user base on understanding the suite of tools we have and how to appropriately leverage depending on the business need. Health insurance experience not required, but strongly desired.
- Completes on-going training on-the-job, through courses and self-study to maintain and enhance technical capabilities.
- Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by managers and department director (these deadlines and turnaround times will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both).
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and prepare standard and ad hoc reports in a timely and meaningful way with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Serve as a process expert and provide training and support to other Business Intelligence staff as needed.
- Develop and maintain BI Assets using modern tools. Work with stakeholders to define, analyze, document and develop complex business and reporting requirements.
- Oversee other Business Intelligence Leads on a day-to-day basis and provide guidance/assistance as necessary.
- Responds to unfamiliar, undefined, or unexpected situations with a professionally prescribed standard response.
- Perform peer reviews as requested.
- Identify departmental needs and provide recommendations for addressing and resolving business issues to management as appropriate.
- Coordinate the orientation of new staff members.
- Evaluate and document client needs, including current processes and proposed revisions. Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates strategy.
- Responsible for the distribution of work assignments for their team as well as workload management within their team.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business partners, professional peers, other team members, and external contacts as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (Mathematics, Economics, Health Care, Information Management or Statistics) is required.
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience required in requirements gathering, analysis, design, database development or reporting analysis.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor and control projects to achieve project objectives.
- Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position, with demonstrated competency in customer orientation and the ability to deal with ambiguity. Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to interpret and summarize results of various analyses in a timely and meaningful way.
- Ability to effectively approach problem solving.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned by the manager or upper-level analysts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to all levels within the organization
- .Must possess a highly proficient understanding of relational databases (SQL Server preferred), database structures (complex views), stored procedures, SSRS, and SSIS.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Data Warehouse LeadThe Data Warehouse Lead will play an integral role in defining and building a data warehouse platform that drives innovation, growth, and data-driven change.If that grabbed your attention, come grow with us!Introductions first!You-.
The Opportunity:Ever-expanding technology like IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence means that there’s more structured and unstructured data available today than ever before. As a data engineer, you know that organizing big data can yield.
Company OverviewMotorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child.
Job DescriptionRemote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.The Digital Data Engineer (Web) will work as a subject matter expert.
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)LOCATION: Remote - United States only (Time Zone: CST | Partial overlap)SALARY: $120,000 – $160,000/yrESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long termABOUT US:Braintrust is the only network that.
Hi,One of my direct client is looking for Power BI / SQL Developer in Redmond, WA. If you are interested, please share me your updated resume.Title: Power BI / SQL DeveloperLocation: Redmond, WADirect Client: MicrosoftSkills: Power BISQLDAXData Modelling.
Date: Nov 26, 2022Primary Location: Hartford, CT, USCompany: Lincoln FinancialAlternate Locations: Fort Worth, TX (Texas); Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Austin, TX (Texas); Bakersfield, CA (California); Baltimore, MD (Maryland); Baton Rouge, LA (Louisiana);.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and.
Company Descriptioninsightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware,.
PROLIM (www.prolim.com) is currently seeking Product Integrity Program Manager for one of our top Client for location Sunnyvale, CA (REMOTE)Approved Remote Locations: Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA and San Diego, CA.Description.
More jobs by this company
DescriptionPurpose:The UPMC Application Engineering Consumer Technology department is a large and diverse team, responsible for the requirements, development, testing, and support of custom software solutions for UPMC Health Plan's Insurance Services.
DescriptionPurpose:Under the general direction of the management team and senior staff of the HPLAN-Payers Application Department, this entry level Systems Analyst- Associate (Quality Assurance) position is hands-on for CQG and other Shared Services..