Jr - Mid Level Remote MySQL DBA Needed
This is not a contract. I am unable to utilize a C to C relationship. Please note: we are unable to transfer or sponsor a VISA.
Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a United States Citizen
Tired of knowing exactly what you are going to be doing at work for the next day, week, month, year? Looking for a position that will allow you to use your creative skills? Do you have the desire to expand your knowledge beyond the day to day task lists? Have you ever wanted to work with all the different features of MySQL but have been held back by corporate structure?
We are looking for a Jr - Mid level MySQL DBA who excels in great customer service with a strong drive for learning and a good technical base of current knowledge to help our customers get the best out of their system. An individual who is motivated to find the root cause solutions and who likes to take on an unknown issue as a challenge and a chance to expand their knowledge. The ideal candidate would like to work problems on their own, but knows they have a team of experienced DBAs to fall back on for guidance and suggestions. This is primarily a production support position.
Jr - Mid MySQL DBA/Database Administrator able to perform consulting assignments, assessments, migrations, support managed service clients, be on call for support and perform troubleshooting for multiple clients. Work out of our Colorado Springs (CO) office. Will require participation in some on call support rotation. Will require off hours work. Will require daily multi-tasking among multiple clients.
DBA Experienced with:
- 2-3 years work experience with supporting and performing maintenance as a MySQL and or MariaDB and or Percona DBA.
- MySQL backup and recovery
- MySQL configuration, load balancing, fail-over and caching technologies
- MySQL replication and clustering technologies experience
- MySQL server monitoring, and performance optimization
- Maintained and supported customer databases in a 7 x 24 capacity
- Excellent and proven interpersonal and communication skills, problem solving skills, technical analysis expertise
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage clients and their needs
- Technical sales skills
- Proficient at shell scripting and cron file management.
- Ability to work between multiple clients and environments daily
- Certifications a plus
- Technical support or call center support experience a plus
- Unix/Linux/Windows administration experience a plus
- Development experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bonus pay
- MySQL DBA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Production DBA environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- MariaDB DBA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: