Technical Services Business Analyst
The Technical Services Business Analyst is responsible for developing strategic custom solutions that solve customer business needs. This position serves as liaison between existing customers and Viewpoint in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met by the solution presented. The TS Business Analyst will also be responsible for participating in the Sales process related to scoping potential services for custom solutions to be delivered.
A successful Technical Services Business Analyst must be a persistent, creative problem solver who takes action quickly and is able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences. This position is fast-paced and entails juggling multiple scoping requests and administrative activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Completes the case intake process for Vista and related product software customization projects, focusing on the analysis of the customer’s business goals, objectives and needs. Primary responsibility for the development of a solution and creation of related Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates and Work Orders. Viewed by customers as a consultant. Defines needs, determines a strategy and develops a plan/proposal for delivery of the project. May involve the recommendation to shift future performance to a third party. Provides approved project scope details to assigned Technical Services Specialists and assists with customer handover activities, as appropriate. Drives internal feedback cycles to refine future scoping efforts and maintains related documentation. Performs other miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently via conscientious multitasking and develops realistic action plans.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of software products and remain expert on current product knowledge both from an internal and from a user perspective.
- Employs a systematic approach to analyze and solve problems. Acts proactively to anticipate risks and seeks to mitigate them before they occur. Visualizes the big picture, identifies key issues and designs harmonious and effective solutions.Monitors own work to ensure quality solution delivery.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with coworkers, customers, vendors and others.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, delays and unexpected events.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, training, or technology, a minimum of three years of software consulting experience or two years of custom solution delivery experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated expertise within the Viewpoint Vista Software platform across all modules/disciplines (Accounting, Operations, Service Management, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to analyze SQL data.
- Accomplished relationship-building skills, requirements gathering experience, and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully drive multiple projects in parallel.
- Subject matter expertise in the following areas:
- Accounting principles and practices (e.g. payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, purchase orders, general ledger)
- Construction project management principles and practices (e.g. project set-up via estimate, project buy-out, project documents, project change orders, job costing, job billing).
- Familiarity with the construction industry.
- Familiarity with Viewpoint Human Resources Management, Viewpoint Financial Controls, Viewpoint Field Management, and Team is a plus.
- Experience with a PSA or similar software tool (NetSuite, FinancialForce, Kimble, etc.)
- Prior Professional Services or Consulting experience with billable revenue expectations.
- Projects sometimes require after hours or weekend work.
- High stress levels may occur due to the time sensitive and critical nature of the technical projects for customers.
- The ability to work at a keyboard for extended periods of time and communicate with team members by phone, computer, and video teleconferencing is required.
Viewpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Viewpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DISCLOSURE for US-BASED POSITIONS ONLY: Viewpoint requires a criminal background investigation, and employment and education verification as a condition of employment.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: