Join the software development team of Lowers Risk Group, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in the U.S.! Celebrating our 7th year on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies. This achievement puts Lowers Risk Group in rarefied company with organizations such as Microsoft, Timberland, Vizio, Intuit, Chobani, Oracle, and Zappos.com. Lowers Risk Group provides comprehensive enterprise risk management solutions to organizations operating in high-risk, highly regulated environments valuing risk mitigation.
The software development team works in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment to power our business growth on 24/7 high availability AWS cloud-based environments.
Serves as primary expert on core software products used to solve complex business problems. Works closely with business users to gather requirements and ensure software meets business needs. Collaborates with developers to recommend innovative solutions to business needs. Coordinates with the Business Support team and Operations to ensure plans and changes are communicated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Serve as the Product Owner in the agile development process of one or more software development projects.
- Understand project scope, business goals, product functionality and desired features.
- Elicit, analyze and document business requirements in coordination with end users and management.
- Analyze high level requirements and translate them into more detailed user stories and other functional requirements documents as needed such as process flows and wireframes
- Communicate with developers to clarify requirements for development and assist in evaluating alternatives to determine appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with product customer and management to prioritize new features and prepare the backlog for sprint planning. Escalate issues as needed to resolve problems and establish priorities.
- Communicate business impact, resolution plans and updates related to production issues
- Assess ongoing and repetitive issues and make recommendations for future system or process enhancements to increase efficiency and reduce future problems.
- Participate in change request process and escalate changes for approval, if necessary.
- Coordinate feedback on rapid prototype features
- Review new functionality to ensure product meets business needs prior to release.
- Assist SQA in development of tests and ongoing testing activities, clarifying acceptance criteria and use cases as needed.
- May manage lead software development team members.
o Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
o Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in IT or technical field
o Preferred: 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner in an agile development team.
o Minimum: 3+ years of experience as an IT business or systems analyst in an agile development team.
Salaried position, typical schedule 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of business analysis best practices and methodologies
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Well organized with rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Collaborative facilitation skills
- Time management
- Repetitive motion. Moderate movements/motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Visual acuity. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities including viewing and reading a computer monitor and documents
- Sedentary work. Must be able to sit for an extended period covering the duration of work shift hours.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Lowers Risk Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled veteran or other veteran, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
AT WILL EMPLOYMENT:
Lowers Risk Group is an “At Will” employer and nothing within the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Lowers Risk Group reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply the job description in any way the company desires and the job description is not a contract for employment.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: